• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW in Australia Tour Diary

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Monday, January 12, 2004

Some people - who will remain nameless - has been stealing the paper out of my diary because they can't get hold of Rizlas as easy as they would like. As such, I've got nothing to write on, and this is being scribbled on the toilet paper in the Bellerive Oval loos.

I feel that I cannot continue in this atmosphere any longer. Not only are we being subjected to more carcinogens than in a nightclub on the Randstad, but we are at the mercy of selection policies that have left me wishing that someone more reliable, like Tauqir Zia, was in charge.

When players have their selection guaranteed indefinitely, no matter how poorly they perform, and others are dropped after two games in spite of topping averages beforehand, the time has come to act.

After much soul-searching, and in collaboration with Andre Maddocks and Marc Robbins, we will be launching a rebel tour to South Africa - in association with Channel 9 - and those concerned will withdraw from the Australia tour party with immediate effect.

We are not the instigators of this course of action. Our hand has been forced, and I am sure all sides desire an amicable solution. The ball is in your court.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

*Neil Pickup
Andre
Marc71178
IamDavid
MasterBlaster
Rik
+PY
Don Ricardo
Langeveldt
Kimbo
Gibbsnsmith
Bugssy
Blewy
KRKode

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a sad day, however, i know i speak for the majority of the group but we had to take a stance... This will make the CWXI a better place in the future...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moments ago at his hotel in Sydney, Mr Mxyzpltk made this statement regarding the recent invitation to become part of the rebel tour to South Africa:

"In light of recent events, I am pressed to make a decision regarding my future in the CW XI and possibly as a FC cricketer. This has not been easy and much though (20 minutes or thereabout) has gone into it. At last I have come to a decision. I am announcing my withdrawal from the current tour of Australia effective immediately. As such, I will not be available for selection for tomorrow's game and the finals.

Also, I will not be going with the Rebels to South Africa. I feel that this is the ideal opportunity for me to return to my native Trinidad and Tobago and take a well-earned(paid) vacation while letting the board and the rebels nuke each other.

Thank you for your time."