• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour To Australia !! - News , Views , Results

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well the Cricket Web Board of Cricket Control had a long meeting and the itenary from the Australian Cricket Board hasnt come in yet so thats not confirmed..

But however the Board and the Captain had a long discussion about the new sim and the teams depth.. decided to name 20 probables for the tour to australia... which will be cut down to a 14 man strong team..

Press release from an interview with Co-Chairman of CWBCC Lord of Darkness / Reuben :

" Well im more than happy to confirm this tour to Australia.. and CWXI and the Dev teams have been changing and continue to develop hard.. most of the following players have already stamped their name on the sheet from past times.. however the new names have been performing well in Dev A and we could be in for a few suprises when the Final 14 CWXI squad is named to tour Australia ,
It will be a tough Tour.. the Australians are the best in current form in world cricket.. the boast many world class players and can easily topple teams with their aggression, team work and individual brilliance..however this is more of a learning tour for us. Australia would probably try and test out some new players but the squad is unknown as for now.
It will be an exciting tour for sure "

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
20 Probables for Tour to Aus:

Rich 2001 ( Captain )
Cloete ( Vice Captain )
Lucky Eddie
Neil Pickup
Lord of Darkness
Blewy
Marc 71178
Mr Mxypltk
Mr Ponting
Hoggy
PY
Andre
Eyes_Only
Langeveldt
Krokde
Master Blaster
Broncoman
Buggsssy
Eclipse
Top_Cat

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rich2001 - Captain / Top Order Batsmen
Cloete - V Captain / Top Order Batsmen / Part Time Leg Spin
LuckyEddie - Opening Bowler / Lower Order Batsmen
Mr Ponting - Lower Order Batsman / Opening Bowler
Broncoman - Top Order Batsmen / Part Time Fast Medium
Lord - All Rounder / Off Spin
Eclipse - Middle Order batsmen
PY - Middle Order Batsmen
Andre - Middle Order Batsmen / Wicket Keeper
Mr Mxyzpltk - All Rounder / Medium Fast
Neil Pickup - Tailender / Leg Spin
Blewy - Middle Order Batsmen
Marc71178 - Middle Order Batsman / Part Time Medium
Krkode - Middle Order Batsman
Eyes Only - Wicket Keeper / Top Order Batsman
Master Blaster - Lower Order Batsman / Fast Medium
Bugssy - Top Order Batsman / Part Time Medium
Top Cat - Lower Order Batsman / Fast
Hoggy - Tailender / Fast Medium
Langeveldt - Allrounder / Leg Spin

Contacted for comment upon announcement, selector Liam Camps:

"I think that the squad offers a good range of players that will give us a great deal of options for the touring 14."

ALL PLAYERS REPORTED TO BRISBANE AT 10AM THIS MORNING FOR A 6-DAY TRAINING CAMP. SPANDEX WILL BE PROVIDED.

Dates/Locations altered to fit diary ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Co Chairman Reuben just announced that he has receieved confirmation from Heinekken that they will sponsor us training shorts.. so grey shorts to all..

Grey is the colour of the team clothing..

So liam can do his spandex :)

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You will likely be rooming with Neil during the camp.
Oh MAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, his singing is atrocious......:rolleyes:

As long as we don't have to cook food because Neil is infamous for poisoning people :O

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Although I've not been picked I'm travelling with the squad...seemed like too much fun to turn down!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugs very happy with the news he has made the training squad.

spandex is even better, cant wait o be given the chance to perform in ozz.

and Heinekken woohooo

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The CW bar offer their sponsorship, allowing individuals to be sponsored by their beverage of choice (since Heineken = Cat's urine)

They also offered Chef de Groot to cook for the team, but I can't cope without him if I am to be away, and the PCB are also wanting a piece of him!

Mr Mxyzptlk

lord_of_darkness said:
Co Chairman Reuben just announced that he has receieved confirmation from Heinekken that they will sponsor us training shorts.. so grey shorts to all..

Grey is the colour of the team clothing..

So liam can do his spandex :)
Ok. Grey spandex shorts it is then. ;)

Simon

after my relatively poor tour of england im happy to be in the train on squad. if i make the final 14 i will be pushing to lift my average and hopfully help the side win a few tests against the strong aussie line up.

and marc, im not sure if chef de groot is welcome around me yet, i still havent forgiven him for that "little incident".

Mr Mxyzptlk

Day 3 to Day 5 consisted of a match between the Rich_2001 XI and the Cloete XI. The camp will be extended a further 5 days.

**Rich_2001 XI**
Rich_2001 *
Broncoman
Eclipse
Marc71178
Andre
Eyes Only +
Anthony McGrath
Langeveldt
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Hoggy