• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour To Australia !! - News , Views , Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The team physio is happy to report no pre-series injuries.

News from the Aussie camp is the same.

A second checkup will be done after the first tour match against NSW.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Must say im very happy to make the final squad, my performances have been ok without being great..

My goal for this series is to really cement a spot, i seem to be getting alot of starts but i really want to turn them into big runs...
Also if the opportunity arises a move up the order would be great...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
just be greatful blewy ur going on tour.
bugs throws his passport back in the draw and breaks down with disappointment

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't feel i have to be greatful, i have earnt my spot here, I am proud to be there but i feel i have earnt my spot...

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
Bugs, your FC batting average is 30!

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Inconsequential. Is this and ODI series? To my knowledge (as a selector and tour organizer) it's a Test series. When the ODI's come around you will be considered again, but you have to hold form this season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
* points out to bugs that since it's a tour of Australia he never actually needed his passport *

Mr Mxyzptlk

BREAKING NEWS - Injury Sim

In an incident during the warm-down session after the 4D game versus New South Wales, Lord of Darkness twisted his ankle and will miss the next 6 games on tour.

We are still awaiting comment from Lord.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Breaking News

The speculation is that either Top Cat or Rik may be called up as injury cover for Lord of Darkness. Stay tuned.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
We are still awaiting comment from Lord.

Ahhh it hurts real bad..!! ahhh..
PY dropped 5 ( really did , i simmed it) catches in the game and when i ran to punish him i twisted my ankle..
Although my personal physio said that im recovering quick and can make it in 3-4 games :)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Aw bad luck mate.:(

At least I bowled ok then, fairly economical and 3 wickets in the first innings.

PY

International Coach
Not so sure me being wicketkeeper is such a good idea then if I dropped 5 :(. My batting seemed to suffer too.

I have many people looking out for my well-being if people try to beat me up, one of them happens to be the groundsman :baddevil:

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No, it's not, six games it is, get another spinner out here quick. Like Langeveldt. And another paceman as cover. No, I will not shut up about this!

This is going to be a good diary when I get round to it!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Breaking News

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The speculation is that either Top Cat or Rik may be called up as injury cover for Lord of Darkness. Stay tuned.
Was Rik even in the initial 20?

If not, that's a huge turnaround in his fortunes.