• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour To Australia !! - News , Views , Results

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The next tour is to New Zealand for 2 Tests and 5 ODI's. After that it's the World Cup, which I'm sure you won't mind missing ;). If you wish, you can be rested during the NZ short tour.

Also, you are the second best batsman on the current Australian tour. Eclipse has 503 runs at 71.86 per' with 2 fifties and 2 hundreds. You have 408 runs at 58.29 with 3 fifties and a hundred.

Rich_2001 (308 @ 38.5) is third.
i think i should be picked in the squad to tour new zealand for the one day squad as the world cup is coming up and i feel i have earned a spot to tour, you can not keep me in the a side forever. give some ppl that deserve a spot a go.

even if i only make the touring squad and play in the warm up matches i will be happy.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Andre said:
Common courtesy suggests that while the squad is unhappy with Lord_of_Darkness, he should be withdrawn from the squad?
We're gonna have a belter of a team spirit aren't we?

How many "accidentally" dropped catches or misfields do you reckon?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
We're gonna have a belter of a team spirit aren't we?

How many "accidentally" dropped catches or misfields do you reckon?
My guess is it would depend on who's bowling :lol:

Cloete

International Captain
bugssy said:
i think i should be picked in the squad to tour new zealand for the one day squad as the world cup is coming up and i feel i have earned a spot to tour, you can not keep me in the a side forever. give some ppl that deserve a spot a go.

even if i only make the touring squad and play in the warm up matches i will be happy.
actually that's a brilliant idea bugs. i will be happy to step down during the NZ Tour. as long as i get some bowling in the devs. but i ask Rich, Eclipse, Luckyeddie and all other "set" players to do so as well. that way we can see who plays well and whos doesn't against NZ. and we can start setting out our squad for the world cup(what's teh squad sizing?).

i'll definitely be happy to do so if it means i can work and my bowling and it also gives an opportunity to one of the well performed devs e.g bugs and marc.

also on the selection matters, rich definitely has to have a say in all of this. i thought i might get a say, but neverteless rich should have a big say in this matter. as afterall he's the one who gets axed if we don't win games.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Common courtesy suggests that while the squad is unhappy with Lord_of_Darkness, he should be withdrawn from the squad?
That isint a fair opinion and that plays on the players morale and team spirit overall. If it team feels overall he should sit down , he will consider. But otherwise it seems unfair and unjust to this matter.

Also Rich2001 captain of the CWXI is consulted before any XI is made for a match and his view stands strong and he can overrule a decision made by the board regarding the team. So far in the meetings this is what the captain wants, as at the end of the day the win / loss will go towards his captaincy record.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Cloete said:
actually that's a brilliant idea bugs. i will be happy to step down during the NZ Tour. as long as i get some bowling in the devs. but i ask Rich, Eclipse, Luckyeddie and all other "set" players to do so as well. that way we can see who plays well and whos doesn't against NZ. and we can start setting out our squad for the world cup(what's teh squad sizing?).

i'll definitely be happy to do so if it means i can work and my bowling and it also gives an opportunity to one of the well performed devs e.g bugs and marc.

also on the selection matters, rich definitely has to have a say in all of this. i thought i might get a say, but neverteless rich should have a big say in this matter. as afterall he's the one who gets axed if we don't win games.
Yeah I would be willing to step down and play some matches in the devs but only if Mr Mxyzptlk give's me some bowling talent :)

Seriously I would like to start working on my bowling just so I could be a handy part time bowler like a Steve/ Mark Waugh type.

Having said that if we all step down then the team will probably cop a thrashing.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i dont want everyone from cwx1 to step down , just a few or even none and just take a few extra players on tour.

just to give the a side a little tatse of what could be a world cup or even a debut for the cwx1

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lord_of_darkness said:
Also Rich2001 captain of the CWXI is consulted before any XI is made for a match and his view stands strong and he can overrule a decision made by the board regarding the team
He can? I was not aware of this.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Looks like the whole command structure is fatally flawed to me.
As far as I'm concerned, Rich's input is meant as a guide to the selectors, who have the ultimate authority.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
As far as I'm concerned, Rich's input is meant as a guide to the selectors, who have the ultimate authority.
Looks like the engines are pulling in separate directions..

Cloete

International Captain
Eclipse said:
Yeah I would be willing to step down and play some matches in the devs but only if Mr Mxyzptlk give's me some bowling talent :)

Seriously I would like to start working on my bowling just so I could be a handy part time bowler like a Steve/ Mark Waugh type.

Having said that if we all step down then the team will probably cop a thrashing.
it's only for one tour, so if we lose that but manage to find a few more players for the WC i'm sure it won't matter.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Some players will be rested, but I'll make one thing clear, the CWBCC will not handing out debuts for the sake of it. If we can not find players who looks like he/she will serve us well in the future, then new players will not be picked.

This is not a charity. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

5th Test - CW XI in Australia

Good return for Neil Pickup and an interesting response to criticism for both him and lord.

The batting was solid and the bowling purposeful with Top Cat showing continued form and good pace.

Good debut for Michael Clarke and a fine farewell Test for Steve Waugh.

Series roundup and averages to come...

Post your thoughts for Man of the Series when the averages are out.

Attachments

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
He can? I was not aware of this.
my bad i made a mistake, i just realized that seeing now.

And no neil the command is still strongly united and i think the board is a lot more united as we CWBCC cricket is growing and participation increasing