Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: CW Webpage

Liam, there seems to be some problems with the form validation. I think it's better to upload the earlier php file that don't have form validation till I can get this sorted out. I'll email the original php file with the modifications for the new fields later today.

Liam, I found the error. it was just a missing right parentheses. check out my last email.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Thanks to the efforts of Dinusha, the signup form is running again on the website.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Breakout Champion!
    I love Burpey's picture.

Whoever decided on the address of the CW oval: Nice
    C'mon COLTS

Southern Dynamo Midfielder

www.myspace.com/themakeoutkidsnz

hey liam i dont think the link for the records bit is working
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

Banned
    These are the improvements we are looking to make/update.

Players List
    Ground Profiles - Tharmi
    Coach Profile - Tharmi Logonathon
    Update of Trophy Winners
    International Schedule Updates & Archive Updates
    Current Series Update
    Records and Hall of Fame Update

I think it is fair to say that we should also be updating every match played on the Website with scorecard, report etc.

One other thing I am looking to start is a weekly roster for all the Dev League teams where each team will be rostered on to submit an article a week sorrounding the latest controversy/story in CW Cricket this gives the website a fresh look etc.

There are also a number of broken links.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help me update some of these things it would be greatly appreciated.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    As promised here is the ground reviews/summaries. If anyone wants to add a bit too them feel free to. Also im sure there a few spelling/grammers errors that need to be fixed Justin before you put it on the website.

CW Oval

One of foundation grounds of Cricket Web and the home of CW Red, in the National Development League. The Oval, as its known, is seen as the best batting pitch in the country. The pitch offers the batsmen even bounce and consistent pace throughout the match. The pitch does however offer assistant to the seamers early and a bit turn to spinners late. One of the most even pitches in the country and for a long time was the home of the FC game.

The CWBCC Stadium

The headquarter of CWBCC and the home of CW Green, is arguably biggest turner out of all the grounds in Cricket Web. The pitch doesn’t turn as rapidly or as early as pitches in the sub continent, but by CW standards is probably the biggest turner in country. Known as a track that slows down a lot as the match goes on, the ground is famous for memorable last innings chases in Test and FC cricket.

The Pickford Reserve

The ground was named after Cricket Web’s premier spin bowler and former CW Black captain Neil Pickup. The ground was one of two new grounds built prior to Season 9 of the Development League. Like the CWBCC Stadium the pitch is know as major turn late on in the game. The ground is also seen as one the best batting tracks in the country and days one and two, with consistent pace and bounce and no great movement off the seam or with the spin. Even with the lack of assistance to seamers at times, the ground has never been a graveyard for seamers, with consistent bounce throughout the game.

The Fardin Qayyumi Centre Cricket

Built of the outskirts of Goffmouth and over looking River Goff, the Fardin Qayyumi Centre Cricket, was 2nd new ground built on the eve of Season 9. The ground was built in the memory of one of most talent young cricketer to ever grace the shores of Cricket Web. Fardin ‘Bob’ Qayyumi never got the opportunity to play FC cricket, before he tragically died in a car accident, at the tender age of 16. The young all rounder was seen as one of the most promising young cricket players in the country. He was known to have the defence of Raul Dravid and control and guile of Daniel Vettori. Qayyumi was seen to have the world at his feet before his life was tragically cut short.

The ground has turned into the home youth cricket in the ground. With academy teams, Under 19s and 17s team training there throughout the year. The ground is also the home of CW Colts, the newest team in the Development League. The pitch is seen as the best cricketing pitch in the country offer even assistance to batsmen, pace bowlers and spinner. But over the years the ground has become more of a seamers pitch, offering greater assistance in pace and bounce to fast bowlers.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Banned
    Cheers Tharmi will be put up later

International Regular
    Tharmi, you've missed the PDV dome ...
    Captain for the Blues.

Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.

Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_Teh View Post
    Tharmi, you've missed the PDV dome ...
    Liam already did it...

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Liam already did it...
    Oh

Coach's Profile

Name: Tharmilan Loganathan
    DOB: November 8, 1984
    Place of Birth: Stedingham

Coaching Credentials

- Certified by University of Nixontwon
    - Cricket Web Under 19 Board Member
    - Excelsior 1920 CC First Team and Youth Team Coach
    - Stedingham Girls High School 1st XI Coach

Tharmilan Loganathan started his career as off spinner and served three seasons in the Development League before he decided to retire and pursue a career in administration and coaching. On first-class debut, he took 4-45 in his first innings for Cricket Web Blue against Cricket Web Red - the team he ended his playing career with.

Loganathan finished his FC career with 21 wickets at a price of 29.43. His best haul was 5 for 90. In OD cricket he was less successful, averaging 56 for his 15 wickets with a best of 2 for 31. With the bat he averaged just 6.29 in FC cricket, but found not outs to boost his OD average to 32.80 with a high of 43 not out. Loganathan was also the leading wicket-taker in grade cricket this season with 192 scalps, prior to taking up his role as National Coach.

Loganathan is the first coach to be educated in CWLand, with a degree from the University of Nixonstown. Loganathan is also a current member of the Under 19 Cricket Board, which has allowed him to work closely with young, up and coming Cricketers of the country, his held a position on this board for the past two seasons. Loganathan has also coached the Excelsior 1920 CC First Team and Youth Team, as well as the Stedingham Girls High School 1st XI prior to taking up the National Team post.

Since taking over the reigns as National Team Coach Loganathan has lead the team to One Day Series wins over Zimbabwe and South Africa. As well as the recent 2-1 Test series win over Pakistan, only the 2nd Test Series win in Cricket Web history.

Cricket Web Coaching Staff:

Assistant Coach: Flavian Aponso (Dutch)
    Physiotherapist: Irving Smith (Barbadian)
    Trainer: Janik Teague (British)
    Psychiatrist: Sarah Machiado (British)

Role of Coach

1. Serve on the Selection Panel and will have a vote.
    2. Play a major role in keeping discipline (adherence to rules) within the CW XI.
    3. Monitor domestic players, along with his coaching staff.
    4. Assess the performance of the team during and following each series.
    5. Work with the CW XI captain to prepare tactics, which may involve altering the batting lineup.
    6. Co-ordination of training camps and media interaction.

I'll have a look into updating ages and squad list, a bit later.

Banned
    Cheers Tharmi will get these up soon as I said before.

Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread Information