• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Webpage

dinu23

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
Regardless whether you have one account or ten i doubt any capatin would want you in their team. So its pointless coming back to this part of the forum.
who is it?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May 7

Big update. The Under-19 section has been linked, but the big news is the addtion of a web form to cater for signups on the website.

Many thanks to Dinu DeSilva for sorting out the form for me.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Big update. The Under-19 section has been linked, but the big news is the addtion of a web form to cater for signups on the website.

Many thanks to Dinu DeSilva for sorting out the form for me.
Shouldn't that form include forum account as well? Or at least a link to signing up for the forum - as we require forum activity in order to stay in the side?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
Shouldn't that form include forum account as well? Or at least a link to signing up for the forum - as we require forum activity in order to stay in the side?
Point.

Shall add that later today.

ash chaulk

International Captain
wow love the records page full of stats especially as personally im in the top 10 ODI runs with only 700 runs interesting that tho its quite low... also the List A OD runs and wickets arnt up incase you didnt realise. but i bet you do.

dinu23

International Debutant
Liam, there seems to be some problems with the form validation. I think it's better to upload the earlier php file that don't have form validation till I can get this sorted out. I'll email the original php file with the modifications for the new fields later today.

dinu23

International Debutant
Liam, I found the error. it was just a missing right parentheses. check out my last email.

These are the improvements we are looking to make/update.

Players List
Ground Profiles - Tharmi
Coach Profile - Tharmi Logonathon
Update of Trophy Winners
International Schedule Updates & Archive Updates
Current Series Update
Records and Hall of Fame Update

I think it is fair to say that we should also be updating every match played on the Website with scorecard, report etc.

One other thing I am looking to start is a weekly roster for all the Dev League teams where each team will be rostered on to submit an article a week sorrounding the latest controversy/story in CW Cricket this gives the website a fresh look etc.

There are also a number of broken links.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help me update some of these things it would be greatly appreciated.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
As promised here is the ground reviews/summaries. If anyone wants to add a bit too them feel free to. Also im sure there a few spelling/grammers errors that need to be fixed Justin before you put it on the website.

CW Oval

One of foundation grounds of Cricket Web and the home of CW Red, in the National Development League. The Oval, as its known, is seen as the best batting pitch in the country. The pitch offers the batsmen even bounce and consistent pace throughout the match. The pitch does however offer assistant to the seamers early and a bit turn to spinners late. One of the most even pitches in the country and for a long time was the home of the FC game.

The CWBCC Stadium

The headquarter of CWBCC and the home of CW Green, is arguably biggest turner out of all the grounds in Cricket Web. The pitch doesn’t turn as rapidly or as early as pitches in the sub continent, but by CW standards is probably the biggest turner in country. Known as a track that slows down a lot as the match goes on, the ground is famous for memorable last innings chases in Test and FC cricket.

The Pickford Reserve

The ground was named after Cricket Web’s premier spin bowler and former CW Black captain Neil Pickup. The ground was one of two new grounds built prior to Season 9 of the Development League. Like the CWBCC Stadium the pitch is know as major turn late on in the game. The ground is also seen as one the best batting tracks in the country and days one and two, with consistent pace and bounce and no great movement off the seam or with the spin. Even with the lack of assistance to seamers at times, the ground has never been a graveyard for seamers, with consistent bounce throughout the game.

The Fardin Qayyumi Centre Cricket

Built of the outskirts of Goffmouth and over looking River Goff, the Fardin Qayyumi Centre Cricket, was 2nd new ground built on the eve of Season 9. The ground was built in the memory of one of most talent young cricketer to ever grace the shores of Cricket Web. Fardin ‘Bob’ Qayyumi never got the opportunity to play FC cricket, before he tragically died in a car accident, at the tender age of 16. The young all rounder was seen as one of the most promising young cricket players in the country. He was known to have the defence of Raul Dravid and control and guile of Daniel Vettori. Qayyumi was seen to have the world at his feet before his life was tragically cut short.

The ground has turned into the home youth cricket in the ground. With academy teams, Under 19s and 17s team training there throughout the year. The ground is also the home of CW Colts, the newest team in the Development League. The pitch is seen as the best cricketing pitch in the country offer even assistance to batsmen, pace bowlers and spinner. But over the years the ground has become more of a seamers pitch, offering greater assistance in pace and bounce to fast bowlers.