• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Giving up the gloves

Andre

International Regular
CWXI 'Keeper Andre has decided to hand over the gloves at the conclusion of the tour.

Famous for his ridiculous appeals from behind the stumps, he hopes to retain his spot as a batsman, while going back to his roots as a leg break bowler.

He sees a niche in the squad as a second spinner behind Neil Pickup, and plans to improve his contribution with the bat and seal the opening batsman's slot in ODI cricket, while batting in the middle order at Test level, as well as a strong bowling workload following a return to the crease.

Any takers for keeping?

PY

International Coach
I kept for my old school team for couple of years if there's no real takers.

:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
R_Powell_fan said:
How about recalling Eyes-Only.
She's done moderately well in the Dev League, but I don't think she warrants a callup at this stage.

PY would be the most likely to take the gloves at this stage.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
I kept for my old school team for couple of years if there's no real takers.

:)
That was a good laugh.

I can remember standing at slip once (don't ask me why) and the fun was guessing where the ball would go when Pete tried to throw it back to the bowler. Backwards, Vertical, Along the Floor, you name it... :)

Took a nice catch off me at Nelthorpe, though :) - the year when I took 3 wickets in 4 balls spread over three matches :)

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
That was a good laugh.

I can remember standing at slip once (don't ask me why) and the fun was guessing where the ball would go when Pete tried to throw it back to the bowler. Backwards, Vertical, Along the Floor, you name it... :)

Took a nice catch off me at Nelthorpe, though :) - the year when I took 3 wickets in 4 balls spread over three matches :)
Ah those were the days......:)

Seem to have a little bit of trouble with getting the ball out my gloves but had no trouble with it going into the gloves. :D

I really enjoyed that season actually. The best I'll ever have I imagine with bat and gloves.

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I can remember standing at slip once (don't ask me why) and the fun was guessing where the ball would go when Pete tried to throw it back to the bowler. Backwards, Vertical, Along the Floor, you name it...
PY said:
Seem to have a little bit of trouble with getting the ball out my gloves but had no trouble with it going into the gloves. :D
LOL @ Neil - But a mighty fine comback there PY :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Dont give up the gloves mate..! you aredoing a might fine job.. for the 2nd spinners option .. i am there. ill come back if needed. but were are going fine at the moment... ill be there at the next season anyway.. so hold on to your gloves :P

or face being axed :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well Ive got some experience of Keeping, and my bowling seems to be of decreasing use in the CWXI, so ill do it if needed, although I found I was too tall to do it comfortably :(