• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI in England Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Squads to tour England...

CWXI Test

Rich2001 (capt)
Cloete
Andre +
Broncoman
Eclipse
Peter Young
Neil Pickup
Lucky Eddie
Blewy
Hoggy
Top Cat
Krokde
Mr Mxyzptlk

CWXI ODI

Rich2001 (capt)
Cloete
Andre +
Rik
Eclipse
Peter Young
Blewy
Neil Pickup
Hoggy
Top Cat
Lucky Eddie
Krokde
Mr Mxyzptlk

The vice-captain will be decided at a later date.

Simon

why are we playing a 1d game in between in the 4th and 5th tests lol? Wouldnt it make more sense having some pracitce in a longer form, maybe a 3 day game.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Nice to be described as Explosive :P

lets hope I can cement my place in the squad.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Surrey XI

A full strength Surrey XI to tackle the CW XI in the tour opener on Saturday.

M.Butcher
A.Brown
M.Ramprakash
G.Thorpe
R.Clarke
A.Hollioake *
J.Batty +
M.Bicknell
A.Tudor
S.Mushtaq
J.Ormond

Cloete

International Captain
wow that's great :). i never knew i was vice-captain :):D.

Cloete (Vice-Captain)
Like Rich_2001, Cloete has been around from the start and has established himself as not only the most prolific CW XI Test batsman, but indeed among the top-ranked in the world. He oozes class while at the crease and is certainly not afraid to play his shots. Cloete has 5 hundreds to match his 5 fifties.

Test Bat: 1559 @ 53.76
Test Bowl: 11 @ 69.64

thanks for the praise of confidence mate. I'm sure I'll try my harest, and who knows if Rikki Clarke's playing my average should go up a good 10-20 :lol:

Cloete

International Captain
and the ODI. i'm really happy with my s/r but am a bit dis-appointed with not converting one of my 6 50's. all the best to the boys in England and let's hopy Richy Boy can come up with the goods of captain.

Cloete
Thus far, Cloete has had a solid ODI career, but has not yet reached the sort of form which he has so often displayed in the Test arena. Of his 5 fifties, he is yet to convert with a high score of 90. When Cloete bats, he scored fast! His ODI SR sits at 93+ after 13 games, which is a very good effort.

ODI Bat: 467 @ 35.92
ODI SR: 93.78
ODI Bowl: 3 @ 36.33 / 4.74 econ.
CT: 3

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
thanks for the praise of confidence mate. I'm sure I'll try my harest, and who knows if Rikki Clarke's playing my average should go up a good 10-20 :lol:
Don't underestimate the Clarkester. :)

The CW XI to face the Surrey XI tomorrow...

Eclipse
Peter Young
Cloete
Rich_2001 *
Blewy
Krkode
Andre +
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Hoggy
Neil Pickup

Mr Mxyzptlk

1st Tour Match : CW XI v Surrey XI

Cricket Web XI 220 & 406
Surrey XI 542/4d & 86/0

Surrey XI won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: Adam Hollioake

As you can imagine, the bowlers struggled... especially Neil and the batsmen tried their best, but it wasn't enough.

Overall, a rather embarrassing performance. Hopefully we'll rebound v Worcestershire.

Attachments

Cloete

International Captain
Wow how's that for my first match vice-captain?

81 from 141 in the 1st innings which was the highest score by about 50 runs. 81 of only 220 runs and to cap off the first innings Rich got 33 and he and I put on a 72 run partnership which held the innings together a real vice-captain:P and captain's knock 'eh?

Then in the second innings I amassed 152 off just 202 balls. And was involved in a 88 run partnership wit Rich again of which he scored 29. a 100 partnership with Blewy boy as well. my innings sparked our team and some brilliant rear guard action from Lucky Eddie and Top Cat meant that CWXI reached 406 AO.

Verdict: Very disappointed that I lost my first game as vice-captain but I can't help but feel it wasn't too much my fault, as i was very happy with how i played. But i would really like to pick up on my bowling. When i'm not needed agaisnt Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or some team of the like I think I may have a spell in teh devs to try and work on my bowling.

Best of luck for the next one boys.

Mr Mxyzptlk

England ODI squad

Vaughan (capt)
Tresothick
Flintoff
Anderson
Giles
Collingwood
Gough
Hollioake
Thorpe
Harmison
Hoggard
Brown
Knight
Read

In a major oversight on my part :(, the following England players are on England A duty in the Dev League :

Batty
Johnson
Kirtley
Troughton
Read
Solanki

.... and it would be alot of trouble to call them up to England duty at this point (after the start of the season). Therefore, Nick Knight has been called out of retirement and Brown will possibly make his ODI debut. Harmison has been recalled and Read has been called up from the Dev League out of necessity.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
jesus that surrey side almost looks like an england full side..

anyway hardluck guys.. wins dont come easy..good work cloete and co on some brilliant individual performance