• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI in England Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perhaps Foster, because whoever gets the call will be doing the 'keeping for both ODI's and Tests.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI v Worcestershire XI - First Natwest Series Warmup

WORCESTERSHIRE 201 48.2 overs
CRICKET WEB XI 202/4 38.1 overs

Cricket Web XI won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Rich_2001

An exceptional comeback! The bowling was superb, especially from Neil and TC late, but credit must also go to Hoggy who got two crucial early wickets. Hick and Pipe showed good mettle, but we fought through.

I have to take personal responsiblty for Rich_2001 falling two runs short of his hundred, as those were the two runs I scored in my 2*. :saint:

Once again, top effort. Bring on Lancs.

Cloete

International Captain
Re: CW XI v Worcestershire XI - First Natwest Series Warmup

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

An exceptional comeback! The bowling was superb, especially from Neil and TC late, but credit must also go to Hoggy who got two crucial early wickets. Hick and Pipe showed good mettle, but we fought through.

I have to take personal responsiblty for Rich_2001 falling two runs short of his hundred, as those were the two runs I scored in my 2*. :saint:

wat'd i hit? it appears 1d isn't my scene :( . scorecard by any chance?

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: CW XI v Worcestershire XI - First Natwest Series Warmup

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Nice work lads :D

And Mr Mxyzptlk I'll let you off this time :P

A great comback after a poor result, lets hope that the confidence continues to flow into the next match.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI v Lancashire XI - Final Natwest warmup game

CRICKET WEB XI 158 49.5 overs
LANCASHIRE XI 159/4 35.3 overs

Lancashire XI won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Andy Flintoff

The batting definitely let us down, as we were destroyed by Chris Schofield :( and Andy Flintoff. Rik played well enough to pick himself and Blewy played a very character-full innings. Neil got hit for 2 fours and a massive six by Flintoff in 4 balls, but he came back and had Flintoff caught at cover with the first ball he bowled to him in the next over.

Overall, Rich_2001 and Cloete go into the ODI series in very good form. Blewy and Krkode have been in reasonable form, with a couple of starts. Eclipse has definitely not found his stroke as yet and Mr Mxyzptlk hasn't had a real opportunity to get any runs. Andre has struggled in limited opportunity. The bowling... Top Cat has seemingly run into some good rhythm in the last couple of games and Hoggy has been solid. Mr Mxyzptlk and Rik have bowled very well. Neil Pickup has been shaky, but he is after all a leggie, so the results haven't been too bad in that light.

It'll be a tough ODI series, especially if the batting continues as it has so far on tour. All players are to report to Old Trafford at 8am for an intense training session. Guest coach Ajit Agarkar is being flown in...

Attachments

Rich2001

International Captain
OUCH :(

But I guess at the end of the day we would always struggle when they had a spinner on within the first 8 overs (fall of first wkt) with only one spinner in Neil, he had alot of pressure to follow that of theirs.

Oh well onwards and upwards is the only way now guys, lets show the best side bar us we are no push overs ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

WI Natwest Squad

BC Lara (capt)
RR Sarwan (vc)
RD Jacobs (wk)
WW Hinds
CH Gayle
S Chanderpaul
MN Samuels
FL Reifer
RL Powell
OAC Banks
JE Taylor
FH Edwards
M Dillon
CD Collymore

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
*Politely suggests that a second spinner might be a good idea*
Neil this is England!

You shouldn't need a spinner let alone two with our pitches here in England, iam sure Lancashire were fiddling a bit much with their pitch :saint:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Surely two (ie Reuben) in the squad would make sense...
Reuben opted to play Dev League this season rather than tour. However, if we lose very badly in the ODI's, he may reconsider that commitment.

Rich2001

International Captain
The Captain bowls spin, however from looking at some of my bowling experiances already my avg must be rubbish :(

Cloete

International Captain
as does vice-captain. and mine isn't too dreadful. remember as soon as we vs bad teams i'm having a spell in the devs batting @ like 7 but i wanna bowl every game :). i need to work on my bowling, i'll probably play in the Dev C's (there'll be the team by then :P). So it wouldn't hurt to bowl me a bit more, although to be fair you have been giving me 10+ an innings depending on how long the inning lasts.