• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI in Asian Test Championships Results and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
CWXI Asian Test Championships!

Okay after a board meeting the 14 man squad for the Asian Test Championship has been named

The team will play all over the Sub Continent in a tournament comprimising India , Pakistan , Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
It will be a round robin tournament and then the finals and plate finals

Team CWXI To play in the Asian Test Championship

The squad:

Lord of Darkness (capt.)
Rich_2001 (vc)
Andre (wk)
Broncoman
Peter Young
Cloete
Krkode
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Hoggy
Blewy
Neil Pickup
Langeveldt
Eclipse

The new captain will be done after votes are completed after the conclusion of the Asian Test Championships...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The opposing squads:

India
SC Ganguly (capt), R Dravid (vc), VK Sehwag, SS Das, SR Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, PA Patel, A Agarkar, Z Khan, A Nehra, A Salvi, A Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Murali Kartik.

Bangladesh
Khaled Mahmud (capt), Hannan Sarkar, Javed Omar, Al Sahariar, Habibul Bashar, Rajin Saleh, Mohammed Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Khaled Mashud, Mohammed Rafique, Mashrafe Mortaza, Manjural Islam, Sanwar Hossain, Enamul Haque, Tapash Baisya.

Pakistan
Rashid Latif (capt), Yosuf Youhana (vc), Mohammed Hafeez, Younis Khan, Inzamam Ul-Haq, Taufiq Umar, Yasir Hameed, Abdur Razzaq, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mohammed Sami, Shoaib Akhtar, Shabbir Ahmed, Danesh Kaneria, Umar Gul.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWXI to play Bangladesh

Broncoman
Peter Young
Eclipse
Rich_2001
Krkode
Blewy
Andre
Lord of Darkness
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Neil Pickup

12th Man: Hoggy

Coach's Comments:

Rich_2001 moves down the order after a disastrous tour of Sri Lanka that saw his Test avge drop to 28.

Eclipse will bat in Cloete's position... big shoes to fill.

Blewy comes in after a run of sensational form in the ODI's. He looks to be striking it well in the nets.

Top Cat returns after a couple of months in the wilderness. He was abandoned by the selectors for the tour of Sri Lanka, but spent his time wisely, playing club cricket for Lucky Eddie's team- Derbyshire. He filled Eddie's shoes admirably and took 6/35 against Surrey most recently.

Neil Pickup gets his 4th Test cap. This is not necessarily due to form or talent, but because (like Giles) we have no better spin option. ;) :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Bewy will be looking to show he's not a Michael Bevan and can play tests as well...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yeah Bewy will be looking to show he's not a Michael Bevan and can play tests as well...
Yea we hope so..
Hope we can turn a Bevan into a Martyn.

Lol Mxy you forgot to put the SL squad in there aswell :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

lord_of_darkness said:
Yea we hope so..
Hope we can turn a Bevan into a Martyn.

Lol Mxy you forgot to put the SL squad in there aswell :P
I assumed that the SL squad is the same as on the recently completed tour.

Eclipse

International Debutant
bugssy said:
i wanna go on tour :( :( :( :(

It took me a whole season and a bit to break into the first's and I had a kick arse first year especialy in the One dayer's.

How are you going in the development leauge??

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Bangladesh
Khaled Masud (capt), Hannan Sarkar, Javed Omar, Al Shahriar, Hassibul Bashar, Rajin Saleh, Mohammed Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Khaled Mashud, Mohammed Rafique, Mashrafi Mortaza, Manjural Islam, Sanwar Hossain, Enamul Haque, Tapesh Baisya.
Liam, I thought you could spell.

1) Khaled Mahmud is captain
2) Al Sahariar
3) Habibul Bashar
4) Mashrafe Mortaza
5) Tapash Baisya

Apart from that, it's fine..

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm sorry Mr. Pickup that I didn't go through each name and check the spelling. I ignorantly just downloaded the bangladesh file from the website and simply updated the stats.

It's not as if I don't have ENOUGH TO DO ALREADY RUNNING THE DEV LEAGUE AND RESEARCHING THE TEAMS FOR THE TEST TEAM AND KEEPING STATS FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE DEV LEAGUE AND EVERY TEAM WE PLAY AND THE CRICKET WEB XI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D That was just me defusing and throwing a tantrum for the sake of it. All done. :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Neil you should be happy you earned a place in the team instead of trying to hit at the selector in a friendly manner..

( psst liam , we can affect his career in a friendly manner aswell )

i wanna go on tour
cant see anyone in the squad that deserves to be replaced... dont worry time will come.. you cant play 5 Dev games and expected to be selected :P:P
The role of Playing International CWXI is more glorious than that

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It's not as if I don't have ENOUGH TO DO ALREADY RUNNING THE DEV LEAGUE AND RESEARCHING THE TEAMS FOR THE TEST TEAM AND KEEPING STATS FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE DEV LEAGUE AND EVERY TEAM WE PLAY AND THE CRICKET WEB XI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that this was your entire life... ;) :P :D

Anyway, it wasn't a very good tantrum. You didn't throw anything, or smash anything, or use naughty words.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Anyway, it wasn't a very good tantrum. You didn't throw anything, or smash anything, or use naughty words.
That's because I don't approve of using words like Harm*son and Cl*rke.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
I thought that this was your entire life... ;) :P :D

Or use "winningest" ;)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well First Test Game in the Asian Test Championship Saw

India play Bangladesh

as expected.. bangladesh werent quite upto the test standards yet, and India totally Dominated bangladesh ..with a big D in domin......

Stars for India

R.Dravid 225 in 276 balls staggering 81.5% s.r
S.Tendulkar 174 in 182 balls Jesus christ.. 95.6% s.r

Partnership of 346 in 363

And their key Bowlers were harbajan 6 wickets and Khan 6 wickets ..
But they played as a Unit to totally waste Bangladesh..

Status
Not open for further replies.