• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Cricketweb Land February/March 2010

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have just realised while doing the stats update that the third test was Andrew Cloete's 100th test match making him the first Cricketweb XI player to reach this landmark. Well done to him.

Simon

Squad Named for Twenty20 Internationals

Cricketweb XI selectors have this morning confirmed their 13 man squad for the two T20 Internationals against England this week. Neil Pickup will lead a team that includes two debutaunts in CW Black pair Nath Patrick and Josh Ritchie. Selectors have decided to leave key batsman Chris Butler and Andrew Cloete after a review of their workload in recent times. All 13 players are expected to have some game time during the series, this squad is

Neil Pickup (Captain) (CW Black)
Dan Smith (Vice-Captain) (CW Black)
Hakon Mork (Wicketkeeper) (CW Red)
James Stedman (CW Black)
Sean Fuller (CW Blue)
David Kearsley (CW Red)
Sam Morris (CW Black)
Josh Ritchie (CW Black)
Martyn Corrin (CW Green)
Liam Camps (CW Blue)
Xavier Rose (CW Green)
Kingsley Clapham (CW Red)
Nath Patrick (CW Black)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
indeed :p

Plus i have a chip on my shoulder about my performances in T20, not sure whether my abysmal OD career is holding me back but i have been pretty decent in T20, went pretty well in both the CW T20 and the CL but havent had a look in with the international side since taking 1-17 of 4 overs on debut

Simon

indeed :p

Plus i have a chip on my shoulder about my performances in T20, not sure whether my abysmal OD career is holding me back but i have been pretty decent in T20, went pretty well in both the CW T20 and the CL but havent had a look in with the international side since taking 1-17 of 4 overs on debut
I cant speak for the selectors when Camps etc... were doing it but this will only be the second and third t20i matches since I've taken charge, with the first one we went with players from the OD squad as it was a one off match overseas, this time I guess you were a circumstance of balance, chances are that three of Clapham, Patrick, Pickup and Rose will play each game so if we throw you into the mix it becomes a lot of bowlers who are no more than adequate with the bat.
With this squad it is likely Fuller, Camps and or Corrin will share the number 8 duties.

From April 10-30 the domestic T20 comp will run and that will be immediately followed by the T20 World Cup so its likely that performances in that competition will be a major factor in selections.

Simon

Cricketweb XI Team for Game 1

1 JE Stedman
2 H Mork+
3 SE Fuller
4 DA Kearsley
5 SC Morris
6 JJ Ritchie
7 M Corrin
8 LA Camps
9 XPA Rose
10 K Clapham
11 NS Pickup*

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stoked, OD form has been a bit iffy but hopefully I can swing things around for the T20.

Simon

Also Marcuss, any chance of an England T20I squad today so I can get the file done?

Simon

Up to you, you can send a T20I squad if you like but the ECB will be covering the costs of sending a bunch of players halfway around the world for a couple of 3 hour matches and not the CWBCC.

Would have prefered in the next 2 hours, but if you cant thats ok, ill do it tomorrow, just means i wont be able to get the results out as early.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
All I do is party HA HA HA HA

Only four members of the all-conquering ERUB World Champion side. ITSTL. Mitchell and Cannon maybe a bit unlucky.

Really keen to get another crack at Internationals, in what is probably my preferred form. Must be like eight years.

Is it at all possible to have Domestic 20/20 stats with the CL added at some point? :)

Last edited: