• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Cricketweb Land February/March 2010

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Awesome victory! Real team effort, however Wilson, Kennett, Mork and Butler all had great games.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Awesome win, absolute domination. Great stuff from Wilson and Kennett in particular.

49 on debut stings a bit though. :p

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Kerr Replaces Cunningham in Test Squad

As expected Colts batsman Will Kerr has returned to the Cricketweb XI squad for the second test versus England, despite a massive win in the opening match of the series it was always expected Kerr would come back from injury. It is unknown who will make way for Kerr in the playing XI but it is expected that the choice will come down to between first test debutauns Robert Cribb and Rob Bowen who both excelled.

The Squad is
Neil Pickup (Black) (Captain), Dan Smith (Black) (Vice Captain), Hakon Mork (Red) (Wicketkeeper), Sean Fuller (Blue), Andrew Cloete (Black), Chris Butler (Colts), Will Kerr (Colts), Robert Cribb (Green), Rob Bowen (Blue), Mike Wilson (Colts), Nick Borcich (Black) and David Kennett (Red)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hopefully not shooting myself in the foot here, but I don't feel I excelled at all with a 21 ball 34. I have plenty of improvement!

Looking at the ball by ball, Prior dropped 3 catches either side of his catch to get me out..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was just trying to be nice. But from your point of view those things can happen when you're an aggressive player.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was just trying to be nice. But from your point of view those things can happen when you're an aggressive player.
Haha thanks. Yeah I mean 34 isn't a complete failure and I did excel for the first 20 balls. :)

Luffers

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Cricketweb 'A' Side Named

Selectors have today finalised the Cricketweb 'A' Team to take on England on Thursday, with plenty of up and coming players putting the heat on the more experienced members of the team in the Dev League season thus far we see a number of new faces stepping up to this level. With injuries and form issues with several players in the CWXI side this game shapes up as an important one with anything up to four spots available for next week's first test against England.

The team is:
1. Nick Scott (CW Green)
2. Josh Ritchie (CW Black)
3. Sean Fuller* (CW Blue)
4. Robert Cribb (CW Green)
5. John Heads (CW Red)
6. Rob Bowen (CW Blue)
7. Alex Crampton+ (CW Blue)
8. David Richards (CW Black)
9. Bryce Cunningham (CW Green)
10. David Watt (CW Red)
11. Heath Davis (CW Black)
12th Man: Xavier Rose (CW Green)

All these players will be unavailable for their teams Dev League clash on Wednesday, Rose however will be released from the squad and can be picked for Green.
Nice to see some Blue representation there! Good luck boys!! Hoping to oust Ritchie come next season :p

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did you get a chance to read the ball by ball? There were so many dropped catches, even by CW, some of the drops were easy chances too.
Afterr you mentioned it I just ctrl + F for DC. Embarrassing from both sides really.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't want to be too rash. I'm still recovering from shock. I mean you let Ian Bell be the only Englishman to ton up. I'd be asking a few questions about that!!!