• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Cricketweb Land February/March 2010

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, theres certainly no one with a simming average in the Dev League of over 50.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yep. No winning really. I really don't envy you now. Should produce diabolical pitches IMO. Might give the opposition a chance.

Full stop.

Simon

Yep. No winning really. I really don't envy you now. Should produce diabolical pitches IMO. Might give the opposition a chance.

Full stop.
That or improve the stats of the bowlers, but then who improves and by how much etc...

Simon

Cricketweb XI vs England
@ Pickford Reserve (2nd T20I)

Scorecard

Cricketweb XI were expected to make it two wins on the trot in this form against England and continue their unbeaten summer on a nice day at the Pickford Reserve, after Thursday's thumping win the hosts could have been forgiven for expecting this to be a simple case of turning up to win the game. England went in with the one change of Tim Bresnan replacing Ryan Sidebottom while for the home side Dan Smith was included to give Sean Fuller a rest before the one dayers while Nath Patrick earnt his Twenty20 International debut at the expense of Xavier Rose.

Neil Pickup won the toss and elected to bat and the decision immediately looked a poor one, game one hero Hakon Mork couldn't repeat yesterday's efforts as he fell first ball to Graeme Napier while Dan Smith hit the next ball for six he was out the following delivery also to Napier. David Kearsley joined James Stedman at the crease and the pair put together a mini revival before Kearsley became Napiers third victim, Stedman fell for a patient 20 not long after and Cricketweb XI were well and trully in disarry by this stage, only an entertaining 34 from Sam Morris could save the hosts from total embarassment as no one else in the lower order contributed anything meaningful, the batting display was a far cry from what they had produced on Thursday and their total of all out for 107 was well shot of what was required, Tim Bresnan took three wickets to go with the three that Napier took earler in the innings.

England were full of confidence ahead of their chase as they could sense their first victory of the tour, Craig Kieswetter looked in good form again as he made a fiery 24 while his opening partner Johnathan Trott practically took the game away from the home side with a graceful 46, Nath Patrick came back after a solid opening spell and pinched a couple of wickets to give the Webheads a sniff, while some tight bowling from part timer Sam Morris saw him apply even more pressure on the England middle order, in the end though there just wasnt enough runs to play with and despite a good showing with the ball the game was done in 16 overs, England reaching 108/5 to record their first win over Cricketweb XI this tour.

Cricketweb XI 107 (16)
SC Morris 34(23), JE Stedman 20(17), TT Bresnan 3/24, GR Naiper 3/29

England 108/5 (16)
IJL Trott 46(37), C Kieswetter 24(17), NL Patrick 2/9, SC Morris 2/9

England won by 5 wickets
Man of the Match: GR Napier (England)

David

International 12th Man
Of late we've been terrific at Test level though. Far too much for my enjoyment.
Perhaps, although I can't deny I've been pleased with my test performances of late. I don't think our bowling is the problem however. :ph34r:

I have to admit is was charming back in the day, each victory was that much sweeter.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don't heaps know what to say, haha. Really, really happy that I could contribute with the ball and in the field, Pietersen is a top first scalp. But at the same time, devo about the result and not digging in with the bat. Guess England have to win something. :(

readie

State Regular
Fair enough, I saw the T20's and assumed that the OD games were coming from the same squad but nvm, well I have my fingers crossed for the limited over fixtures then.

Simon

Fair enough, I saw the T20's and assumed that the OD games were coming from the same squad but nvm, well I have my fingers crossed for the limited over fixtures then.
:laugh: @ the idea of Mork in the ODI squad

Simon

Sure are, internationals are only unavailable if there's a match the day after a dev league game and the first ODI isnt until Thursday.