• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI tour to Sri Lanka, discussion

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
CXI tour to Sri Lanka, discussion

The 15 man test squad for CXI named is

Langeveldt (C)
Lord of Darkness (vc)
Andre (wk)
Cloete
Broncoman
Rich 2001
Krokde
Tamara (backup wk)
Blewy
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Peter Young
Neil Pickup
Hoggy
Tim

Tour to SL

CWXI vs S Lanka A - pre game - 5 day

CWXI vs S Lanka Board - 5 day

CWXI vs S Lanka A - 5 day

CW XI vs S Lanka - 1st test @ Kandy

CW XI vs S Lanka - 2nd test @ Colombo

CW XI vs S Lanka Board - 5 day

Cw XI vs S Lanka - 3rd test @ Kandy

CWXI vs S Lanka - 4th test @ Dambulla

CW XI vs S Lanka A - 50 Over Match

Cw Xi vs S Lanka Board - 50 over Match

CW XI vs S Lanka - 1st ODI @ Dambulla

CW XI vs S Lanka @ Colombo

CW XI vs S Lanka @ Kandy

CLose of Tour

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Liam please change the dev players with people that didnt get selected for the tour, eg david, ryan_t2002 for the next dev round asap :D

I will be simming the pre game soon

Post your views

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Shouldn't the FC warm-up matches be three- or four-day rather than five?

What are the Sri Lanka A side / BCCSL XI going to be like?

How about a game against Sinhalese SC, Tamil Union or Nondescripts rather than SL A and BCCSL so often?

And a minor point on the Grounds - What happened to Galle? Dambulla wouldn't get a Test Match, and there are (at least) two grounds in Colombo (SSC & RPS) that deserve tests.

Sorry to be picky Reuben, but I like obsessive attention to detail :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just to let everyone know that the pitches will be typical Sri Lankan pitches - flat batting strips. I can just see Cloete licking his lips and Lucky Eddie holding his sore back........

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
And a minor point on the Grounds - What happened to Galle? Dambulla wouldn't get a Test Match, and there are (at least) two grounds in Colombo (SSC & RPS) that deserve tests.
Well thanks for pointing that out , now i will make sure i will include those..

and dambulla has just been chosen as a suprise test venue :)!

As for the SL'A' squad and the presidents board squad they are the squads made up of ppl that played in those teams when Nz toured s'lanka ,

As for the 3 day 4day question , i made it 5 day just for a change so that our players get more preparation !

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Team for 1st Warmup match

Rich_2001
Broncoman
Peter Young
Tamara
Andre
Krkode
Lord of Darkness
Langeveldt
Top_Cat
Hoggy
Neil Pickup

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The tour is expected to be post-poned until Season 2. This should begin (along with the Dev League) on the 20th or thereabout of this month.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
Liam please change the dev players with people that didnt get selected for the tour, eg david, ryan_t2002 for the next dev round asap :D
And maybe R_Powell_fan as well..... ??

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Okay Sl tour to resume.... after lengthy break due to resuming clashes with the tamil tigers and the government..

Scorecard

Due to this being a pre game warmup , there wasnt anyone to commentate on the tiny game

Attachments

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
im not in any team, but im still interested. anyhow, why doesn't the attachment download for me? a message keeps popping up saying that the computer cannot find score.txt and asks me wether i wanna create a new file. anyone got reasons?