• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricket Web XI in the West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1st Test teams

I've moved them to here.

Cricketweb XI for 1st Test v WI

Broncoman, Rich_2001, Cloete, Krkode, Tamara, Langeveldt (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Lucky Eddie, Top Cat, T Ryan (wk), David - 12th Man: Tim

WI XI for 1st Test v CWXI

Chris Gayle, Wavell Hinds, Daren Ganga, Brian Lara (C), Ramnaresh Sarwan (vc), Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Ridley Jacobs (wk), Vasbert Drakes, Mervyn Dillon, Cory Collymore, Jermaine Lawson

Mr Mxyzptlk

1st Test Results - Queen's Park Oval

Pitch Report: Early seam movement; slowish pitch - ball doesn't come onto the bat; keeps low as match progresses

A gutsy effort by the CWXI in the 1st Test. After attaining a 172-run lead on first innings, the West Indies team started batting again late on Day 3 in full control. Only Lara seemed to score with ease as the West Indies posted 276/4 dec. to lead by 448 runs on first innings.

This left the CWXI with the gargantuan task of having to bat for almost 7 hours to draw the match on a pitch which was keeping low. Could they do it?

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

West Indies XI for 2nd Test

The WI XI for the 2nd Test:

Brian Lara (C), Ramnaresh Sarwan (vc), Chris Gayle, Wavell Hinds, Daren Ganga, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Ridley Jacobs (wk), Vasbert Drakes, Mervyn Dillon, Cory Collymore, Jermaine Lawson - 12th Man: Omari Banks

Lord or Lang, you guys have to name the 2nd Test XI. If it is not named by midnight UK time, I will have to name it myself.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Cricketweb XI for the second test (Batting order)

1.Rich 2001
2.Broncoman
3.Cloete
4.Tamara
5.Sunil_Havascar
6.KrKode
7.Lord
8.Langeveldt (cpt)
9.Lucky Eddie
10.Top Cat
11.Ryan (wk)

Bowling

1.Top Cat
2.Lucky Eddie
3.Lord
4.Langeveldt
5.Cloete/Tamara/Sunil

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Sounds like a good team..

Plus mxy could u have a world Points table aswell , and sim some games between other countries aswell to see where we stand..?

But how would we make that work?

DO u want me to sim other international games and just tell you the results?

Mr Mxyzptlk

We would have to have a balanced schedule with every team playing each other an even number of times. I'm willing to do a few. I'll write up an itinerary this evening assigning the sims to you, Lang or me.

Mr Mxyzptlk

2nd Test Results : Sabina Park

Usually I post the scorecard and the commentary file.The zip file for download contains the scorecard and a highlights package with highlights from the commentry.

Welcome to Sabina Park for the 2nd Test match of what has already looked to be a thrilling series. The Cricket Web XI came out of nowhere to be granted Test and ODI status and, look to be good for it. They've played 4 Tests so far and won 1 drawn 1 and lost 2 for a pretty decent start to International cricket. Let's go out to the middle where Ian Bishop has the call of the toss.

Bishop: Langeveldt to call.
Langeveldt: Heads.
Madugalle: It's.......Tails.
Bishop: West Indies have won the toss. What do you want to do Brian?
Lara: The pitch looks a bit green first up, so I think we'll bowl first. Vassy got 4 back in Trinidad and I think the bowlers bowled well over all.
Bishop: Any changes in the side for Trinidad?
Lara: Well, Lawson was having a few back problems and we weren't sure he would play today, but he seems to have recovered. Also, Omari Banks has the flu, so Desmond Haynes will be carrying the water today.
Bishop: Thank you Brian. Langeveld, what do you think of the pitch?
Langeveldt: It looks a decent cricket pitch - seam early, spin late. We have a couple of spin options in the side but Lucky Eddie will again be our spearhead. I think if Rich_2001 and Broncoman can get us through the early session, we can post a good total.
Bishop: Amy changes from Trinidad?
Langeveldt: Yeh, we've got all-rounder Sunil Havascar in for David to add another option with her legspin if necessary.
Bishop: Thank you Langeveldt. We'll thow it back to David Hookes and Mikey Holding now for the start of the match.

Here's the first delivery, Lawson steams in...

Attachments

Simon

did anyone else notice we got 6 LBW's in the 2nd innings.
im also very happy to chip in with 60 odd with the bat and my first test wicket. i think ill retire from the bowling crease with an average of 5!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im enjoying my tour to the Windies... Not turning up to training rather spending my time on the beaches and sinking alot of amber liquid with Marc...
:D :D :D :D :D :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blewy said:
Im enjoying my tour to the Windies... Not turning up to training rather spending my time on the beaches and sinking alot of amber liquid with Marc...
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Wait till the full England tour - then I'll show you what a real pub is (apart of course from the CW bar, which is as good as it gets)

Mr Mxyzptlk

3rd Test: Windies XII

WI XII for 3rd Test v CWXI

Chris Gayle, Wavell Hinds, Daren Ganga, Brian Lara (C), Ramnaresh Sarwan (vc), Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Ridley Jacobs (wk), Vasbert Drakes, Mervyn Dillon, Jermaine Lawson, Omari Banks, Corey Colleymore, Marlon Samuels.

WICB: Daren Ganga has a slight side strain and is 50/50 for the next match. Samuels has been drafted in to cover him.

Simon

38.2 Dillon to Broncoman, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by Broncoman - lost ball!

no we are talking some realisim :P

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Okay the CWXI for 3rd test is

Rich_2001
Broncoman
Cloete
Tamara
Krokde
Blewy
Lord_of_darkness
Langeveldt
Ryan_t2002
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat

Notes on the team for 3rd test

Rich and Broncoman look to be assuring the selectors that the opening slot is where they belong and they seem to be doing well up there so deserve continuing on there..

Cloete , hes a star in the team and he cements the number 3 spot to come into the attacking position and take control of the game like he does most times for the team

Tamara continues her spot at number 4 giving solid cover for the top order and the start of the middle order, she looks to have covered that area and looks to be taking up the spot for an all rounder aswell with notable performance in the 2nd test

krokde gets the number 5 spot to prove himself with some solid scores in the 3rd test, he did alright in 1st test around this area to get more chances

blewy , hes been seen resting in the beaches with some beautiful west indian chicks around , but rest is over , he gets a callup to take in the number 6 spot to show some of the firey batting he shows ,

Lord the vc , has a promised spot at number 7 solid lower middle order and a key off spinner in the team , needs to prove himself more in the bowling area , with some significant performances in pre games , the sparks are still yet to go and become fires

Langeveldt the strong willed captain , things havent gone too wrong for him , and guiding the new team still posts a challenge , will get better as time passes, needs to provide more strength in batting which he is capable of

Ryan , solid keeping work behind the stumps but hes gone down from a solid middle order to lower order batsmen , needs to concentrate more on batting and up his avg ...

Top Cat and Eddie , The showdown of Pace and Experience , these 2 when they get going , are something to watch , a lot depends on them to fire quickly so that they do some damage to the top order of batsmen . The pair capable of destroying the best batsmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.