• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in CWLand

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Good to see Rhys take a few wickets at choice economy AND contribute with the bat in the first dig when things were dire.

Shoaib should be tested for dope :O

Indipper

State Regular
Good performance guys. Not far off target. Good captaincy and good bowling, Heef.

Now excuse me, I'm gonna go to Mouse World. 4 catches, 2 stumpings and a pretty sound knock in my first FC game. And against a Test side. Can only go down from here. :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Glad to be representing Green, but I'd have loved the chance to test my skills against the Pakistanis.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Dev League in a time warp aws. Believe we're two days behind.

No need to stress imo.
think were only a day behind..the last of match of the first quarter is due today as per schedule so were only missing the fc match. Jus realized the first test is on a rest day anyway though

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a day behind.

Dan Smith called up

...and asked to put Nick Borcich on the phone to confirm another Test cap.

Borcich has been retained in the squad despite his late appearance at Cricket Web Black training this season. With the match due to be played at Pickford Reserve, and given his strong batting and bowling form of late, Dave Richards has been retained and may feature in a twin spin attack.

The Cricket Web XI squad for the first Test features the last eleven players that faced off against India, in addition to Greg Thomas, who is recalled after a strong start to his season. The fast bowler has taken 28 wickets in 5 matches for Cricket Web Colts.

Again there is no room for prolific Black captain Daniel Smith, though with Mørk in poor form this season, he is under pressure at the top of the order.

1st Test squad:
NS Pickup (captain)
H Mørk (wicketkeeper)
T Mamesh
PE Young
AP Cloete
CR Butler
RJ Dauth
MW Wilson
DP Richards
NA Borcich
TJ Demeza
GM Thomas

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pakistan 1st Test XII

Salman Butt
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah-ul-Haq
Faisal Iqbal
Kamran Akmal (wk)
Sohail Tanvir
Abdur Rehman
Shoaib Akhtar
Danish Kaneria

12th Man: Umar Gul

Pakistan have chosen to omit fast bowler Umar Gul in favour of playing two spinners in a four-man attack at Pickford Reserve. Abdur Rehman will join Danish Kaneria in a move, and taking the typical pitch conditions into account. Following Nasir Jamshed's poor showing in the tour match, he has also been left out and captain Shoaib Malik will try his hand with Salman Butt at the top of the order.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed not to be selected after my efforts last season, and my recent 5 wicket display, but the team looks very strong and am happy for my partner in crime to get a call up.

Good luck to all the boys.

Mr Mxyzptlk

If you can continue the signs you showed in the last game, you could be in the frame sooner than later.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This is probably a good time to tell you that I can't currently access any webmail from home and you're not sending any CW cricket to my work address... so please continue to bumble along without my guidance.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Salman Butt
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah-ul-Haq
Faisal Iqbal
Kamran Akmal (wk)
Sohail Tanvir
Abdur Rehman
Shoaib Akhtar
Danish Kaneria

12th Man: Umar Gul

Pakistan have chosen to omit fast bowler Umar Gul in favour of playing two spinners in a four-man attack at Pickford Reserve. Abdur Rehman will join Danish Kaneria in a move, and taking the typical pitch conditions into account. Following Nasir Jamshed's poor showing in the tour match, he has also been left out and captain Shoaib Malik will try his hand with Salman Butt at the top of the order.
Batsman Faisal Iqbal has been withdrawn from the team to accommodate Yasir Arafat. Arafat was preferred to Umar Gul due to his batting ability and Pakistan will brave a weakened batting order for bowling strength.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Surprised at the call up given last season. A crime that Smith is not in the squad given his load of runs scored.

Think we can roll them. Go CW!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Batsman Faisal Iqbal has been withdrawn from the team to accommodate Yasir Arafat. Arafat was preferred to Umar Gul due to his batting ability and Pakistan will brave a weakened batting order for bowling strength.
All because their much vaunted batting line up got rolled twice by the Chairman's XI, methinks.