Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Pakistan in CWLand

Awesome. Surprised at the call-up, was of the opinion that I'd been playing fairly poorly in Grade cricket, tbph.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordeman View Post
    Awesome. Surprised at the call-up, was of the opinion that I'd been playing fairly poorly in Grade cricket, tbph.
    I have faith after playing with you for the Fardingham Cocks.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Aces. Thought some better git might get the gig.

Pleasantly surprised to get a gig. Nowhere near the Colts' first XI, and havent exactly been setting Grade on fire either.
    What, me worry?
    Member of Colts - CW XI Dev League
    Cricket Web Cricket:
    First Class: 72 runs @ 9, 19 wickets @ 44.26
    One Day: 205 runs @ 22.78, 35 wickets @ 44.2
    T20: 27 runs @ 27, 10 wickets @ 28.2

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Congratulations to all the players selected. Chairmen's XI matches have a history of unearthing big performers. Hopefully that tradition will continue.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Good luck guys.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

gio
    U19 Cricketer
    Hopefully I can show off my bowling talents...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Pakistanis grind out win in Pickford
    Pakistanis v CWBCC Chairmen's XI - 4D - Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
    Ball by Ball

Fast bowlers ruled at Pickford reserve and the Pakistanis were tested by a young CWBCC Chairmen's XI in their tour opener. All 40 wickets fell in less than 8 sessions and the four-day game was over before the close of the third day. Pakistanis chose to bat first despite a bit of cloud cover on a spotless pitch. And the Webbers wasted no time stirring up action. With the first ball of the match, Thad Bochat got Nasir Jamshed to edge to a third slip.

From that exciting start, however, the Pakistanis settled into rhythm and the second wicket pairing added an even hundred. Younis Khan looked in supreme nick on his way to a half-century, and he pulled a short ball from Williams to the rope to reach it. The very next ball, Williams had his revenge. A well-landed legbreak eluded the forward prod of Younis and Raftery snapped up a good catch at short leg. In came Mohammad Yousuf, and no sooner had he taken guard than he was sent on his way. Yousuf pushed forward to be beaten by a beautiful googly and König completed a swift stumping. Williams had two in two and the Pakistanis were suddenly on the back foot.

Salman Butt, still fighting at the crease, cracked the spinner behind point for four and raised his bat to celebrate 50. But carnage ensued at the other end. The return of Davis sparked the fall of Malik (3) and Akmal (8) and the Pakistanis slumped to 184-8 at tea. In the final session Butt was run out 7 short of a deserved hundred and Davis collected a third wicket, finishing the innings on 198.

Some 24 overs remained in the day and the Chairmen's XI batsmen were subject to a fiery introduction to the bowling of Shoaib Akhtar. The inexperienced top order crumbled as Akhtar fired the ball up at their ribs with venom and consistency. And by the time Daniel Speirs gloved through to Akmal, the score was 30-5. König looked good in her brief stay, but was bowled by Yasir Arafat with 13. A rebuilding effort then fell to Myles Hutchinson and Williams, and they pushed to stumps without further loss.

The partnership increased to 56 on the second morning before Akhtar returned to take his 5th wicket of the innings. Hutchinson (48) skied a pull shot and Umar Gul took a good catch at deep square leg. Williams continued to impress with a straight bat until he was the penultimate wicket of the innings, caught bat-pad for 33. The Chairmen's XI were all out for 157, trailing by 41 runs.

The slim lead left the Pakistanis with a lot to do in their last warmup innings, but they were off to a bad start again. Jamshed survived a King's Pair, but with a run to his name he was out in identical fashion to the first innings. Younis announced himself with some glorious shots, once more, but after he had raced to 31 he pushed at a Hutchinson delivery to be caught behind. Yousuf entered and Davis brought Williams on to try to rattle the great man again, and to his delight, the plan worked. For the second time in the match Yousuf was deceived by a googly and presented König with another sharp stumping chance, which she claimed with ease.

Malik followed for 0, caught-and-bowled by Chapman, and Pakistanis led by just 120 with 4 wickets down. For the second time Butt was the lone outstanding batsman and he notched a second half-century as reward for his application. Davis replaced Williams with a promise of action and delivered with immediate impact. Butt pushed defensive at his first ball and got a thin edge to the wicketkeeper. Fast bowler Hutchinson joined Davis on the comeback trail and the two tore through the tail excitingly in tandem. Only Akmal looked competent against the two men, but Davis ultimately accounted for him on 54. The Pakistanis scored 201 all out, thanks in part to 15 from Akhtar down the stretch.

That left the Webbers needing an attainable 243 to win with conditions at their best for batting. It was little comfort for the young batsmen, who were met with another excellent spell from Akhtar. However, there was much better resistance the second time around and the hosts reached stumps on 24-2. That score improved to 71 when Dylan Cole was given out for 28. He indicated that he did not hit the ball, but was made to walk. Speirs soldiered on, then he too was out for a start, lbw for 26. There was brief relief when Akmal dropped König and the Chairmen's XI looked to push toward the target.

Raftery showed some good form with excellent timing off the front foot, but he was next out, caught at leg gully for a promising 37. The gates were open for Akhtar to run through the tail and he did so with no mercy, completing a 10-wicket haul with little resistance. König (39) was among his wickets, finishing a brave knock in much the same fashion of Raftery before. Again Williams showed some composure with the bat to be unbeaten on 9 at the end.

Pakistanis 1st Innings 198 all out
    Butt 93, Khan 51, Davis 3-39, Hutchinson 2-25
    CWBCC Chairmen's XI 1st Innings 157 all out
    Hutchinson 48, Williams 33, Akhtar 5-37, Kaneria 2-16
    Pakistanis 2nd Innings 201 all out
    Akmal 54, Butt 52, Davis 4-40, Bochat 2-45
    CWBCC Chairmen's XI 2nd Innings 171 all out
    König 39, Raftery 37, Akhtar 5-43, Gul 2-30
    Pakistanis won by 71 runs.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

U19 Cricketer
    Bit of a bowlers' match it would seem, good effort by a bunch of mostly fringe players to get that close. Some good signs for the CWXI though.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    I think we alerted the Pakistanis that their batting might have to step up a notch on these CWLand pitches. Pretty happy with the performances of Hutchinson, Williams and myself. Bochat taking a few wickets, but suffering a bit with the economy rate. Konig sounding good behind the sticks is good news for the Blacks and hopefully the workout that the top order have got in that game will have taught them a thing or two when the inevitably head back to grade cricket.

International Regular
    Good to see Rhys take a few wickets at choice economy AND contribute with the bat in the first dig when things were dire.

Shoaib should be tested for dope :O
    Captain for the Blues.

Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.

Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Top showing against a very classy opposition. Well lead HDS.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    ****. What a crap effort from YT.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Not a bad effort. Bit expensive on my behalf, though.

Good performance guys. Not far off target. Good captaincy and good bowling, Heef.

Now excuse me, I'm gonna go to Mouse World. 4 catches, 2 stumpings and a pretty sound knock in my first FC game. And against a Test side. Can only go down from here.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information