• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in CWLand

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have liked to put in a better performance, but pleased to keep the runs down somewhat. Batsmen, Scott and Smith excluded didn't really give us much. Poor effort really.

Loony BoB

International Captain
We seriously sucked with the exception of the openers.

Maybe I should complain about being batted out of position too. ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
That would fit in quite well with my "blame whoever isn't around to defend themselves" strategy. Unless they're a lot more into their cricket than I originally thought, that is.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Twenty20 squads

1st match

JE Stedman (Black)
AP Chaulk (Black)
DP Smith (Black)
SE Fuller (Blue)
CR Butler (Colts)
AP Cloete (Black)
+H Mørk (Red)
DP Richards (Black)
KR Clapham (Red)
KJ Gough (Black)
NS Pickup (Black)*

2nd match

JE Stedman (Black)
+AP Chaulk (Black)
DP Smith (Black)
SE Fuller (Blue)
CR Butler (Colts)
DA Kearsley (Red)
H Mørk (Red)
KR Clapham (Red)
XPA Rose (Green)
KJ Gough (Black)
NS Pickup (Black)*

The first match will be played tonight, the second match tomorrow, which means it collides with the first match of the third quarter. The Australia vs 'A' match will also go ahead as scheduled tonight.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
First Twenty20 International: Cricket Web XI vs Pakistan
at Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard

Runs were tricky to come by in Goffmouth, as Cricket Web Blac...XI won the first Twenty20 International of their history with a disciplined bowling effort. The Pakistani tourists never got going, falling in a heap in chase of a meagre 141.

Cricket Web XI batted first, but suffered an early run out with inexplicable poor calling between Stedman and Chaulk - clearly more accustomed to the 50-over format. Gul put on some pressure with a maiden over to Stedman in the fourth, before Smith was yorked by Tanvir in the fifth over and Stedman was lbw to Arafat at the end of the sixth.

However, with the field restrictions down, Fuller and Butler managed to keep the runs flowing. Tanvir produced the second maiden of the match to Fuller, but Rehman and Arafat failed to keep things down, and Akhtar and Gul were brought back to take wickets. It worked to some extent - Butler was caught by Arafat for 36, the innings of the game including three sixes, but Fuller managed to accelerate somewhat to make a stolid 39, supported by brief appearances from Cloete and Mørk.

Kev Gough began the first over by bowling Salman Butt with his fourth ball, leaving Nasir Jamshed and Younus Khan to rebuild. They attacked Gough early on, with Nasir smashing his first ball for four, before Younus hit Clapham for six in the next over. There was a considerable flow of runs, with Fuller coming on in the seventh over with the score 35 for two.

The first ball was hit for four by Jamshed, but an attempted single had Younus run out at the striker's end, and Misbah smashed the next ball straight up - 39 for three. Captain Shoaib Malik needed to take responsibility, but after hitting two fours, he was tied down by Clapham and smashed out to Stedman at point, before Jamshed and Arafat were both stumped by Pickup.

At 67 for seven, Pakistan needed to climb a mountain, and though Kamran received a considerable amount of luck, he was unable to keep the strike rate above 80, as the bowlers got off with decent figures and Pakistan were restricted to 93 for nine.

Cricket Web XI 140 for five (20)
Fuller 39*, Butler 36; Arafat 2/34

Pakistan 93 for nine (20)
Nasir Jamshed 29; Clapham 2/15, Pickup 2/16, Gough 2/22

Cricket Web XI won by 47 runs
Man of the Match: C. R. Butler (Cricket Web XI)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was about to catch up on this now. Apologies, as I went missing, but was in Tobago/at the beach/away from the Internet for a bit longer than expected.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Would be interested in seeing which T20 franchise is best represented but I cbf to look it up myself.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Would be interested in seeing which T20 franchise is best represented but I cbf to look it up myself.
Squad selections with franchises

1st match

JE Stedman (Black/Dazzlers)
AP Chaulk (Black/Ninjas)
DP Smith (Black/Upper Body)
SE Fuller (Blue/Ninjas)
CR Butler (Colts/Dazzlers)
AP Cloete (Black/Turistas)
+H Mørk (Red/Rabid Wolves)
DP Richards (Black/Rabid Wolves)
KR Clapham (Red/Dazzlers)
KJ Gough (Black/Rabid Wolves)
NS Pickup (Black/Mathemagicians)*

2nd match

JE Stedman (Black/Dazzlers)
+AP Chaulk (Black/Ninjas)
DP Smith (Black/Upper Body)
SE Fuller (Blue/Ninjas)
CR Butler (Colts/Dazzlers)
DA Kearsley (Red/****atoos)
H Mørk (Red/Rabid Wolves)
KR Clapham (Red/Dazzlers)
XPA Rose (Green/Turistas)
KJ Gough (Black/Rabid Wolves)
NS Pickup (Black/Mathemagicians)*

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Solid win fellas (y) Feels good to be back in teh Greys again :)

Oh, and out of interest, was there an executive decision made by the Morkster that Butler was MOTM over Gough (who was named by the sim)?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Solid win fellas (y) Feels good to be back in teh Greys again :)

Oh, and out of interest, was there an executive decision made by the Morkster that Butler was MOTM over Gough (who was named by the sim)?
Yup.

VC4 men-of-the-match choices are dismal anyway.