• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb XI Tours, discussions, results, etc

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Please post everything related to the tours , matches, discussions, opinions that cw XI play from now on starting from the tour of S.A ,

a points table will be made giving equal chance of every nation playing each other as well as us.. so we get a good overview..

also mr mxy please reset the syed rehman thing , as in put the things in again so we can have the averages starting from now..

CRICKETWEB XI will be playing 3 test matches against S.Africa and a round robin tournament involving India S.Africa and Cricketweb XI

the 3 test matches will be simmed shortly

the 18 given contracts for the tour are...

1.Langeveldt (cpt)
2.Lord Of Darkness (vc)
3.T.Ryan (wk)

4.Rich_2001
5.KrKode
6.Blewy
7.Broncoman
8.Cloete

9.Sunil_Havascar
10.Tamara
11.Rik

12.Mr Mxytplk
13.Umpire Money
14.Vishnureddy
15.Lucky Eddie
16.David
17.Tim
18.Top_Cat

Mxy dont put everyones bowlin avg in for the game because then we will have like 9 ppl in the team bowling in the test , just keep it to the ppl that will bowl , eg in a game , opening maybe Lucky and Top cat followed by david and then followed by kim , lang and me
that sounds fairer..

Last edited:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Test debuts for 1st Test !

im sorry for the ones that didnt make it , but ones failure is another persons gain :P

CRICKETWEB XI ( in batting order )

Mr Mxyzptlk
Cloete
Broncoman
Rich 2001
Ryan ( w.k )
Lang ( cap )
Lord ( v cap )
Sunil Havascar
L Eddie
Tim
David

Bowlers

L Eddie 1st
Tim 2nd
David 3rd
Lang 4th
Lord 5th
Sunil Havascar 6th
Cloete - if needed

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im happy to be only batting now, after contracting SARS, bowling was becoming tough. But this doesnt mean i will be participating in the fielding drills at training.
if you want me for a team meeting, ill be at the pub.
anyone care to join me? its my round.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I missed out on a contract, but im in the starting lineup..so are you saying im not being paid for this series? darn.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Lord: the game works where you pick the bowlers in game so I will use your given 6 unless the oppenents reach a score/partnership so as to make the named 6 seemingly innefective. (ie 350/2 or 400/3 etc.)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Since I'm not playing I'll take you up on that beer Si. Oh well, OD is my game :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen the SA XI posted anywhere else, so here it is.

G.Smith* (1)
H.Gibbs (2)
G.Kirsten (3)
J.Kallis (4)
J.Rudolph (5)
M.Van Jaarsveld (6)
M.Boucher+ (7)
N.Boje (8)
S.Pollock (9)
S.Elworthy (10)
M.Ntini (11)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
looks a fairly easy lineup to me..we should run them over with a score of 400+ then myself & L.E will pretty much unleash hell on the top-order & break some stumps.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
looks a fairly easy lineup to me..we should run them over with a score of 400+ then myself & L.E will pretty much unleash hell on the top-order & break some stumps.
Both of you tearing in to unleash your terrifying medium pace seamers...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
No over the past 3 months I have been at the gym and have been on strict diet programs..im now officially RF & looking forward to proving it.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
No over the past 3 months I have been at the gym and have been on strict diet programs..im now officially RF & looking forward to proving it.
Over the past year I've been eating healthily and going to the gym and I'm still SLA...

Did help me to bat for so long on Sunday though :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Conditions: Warm
Pitch: Hard- expected to deteriorate
Outfield: Fast
Weather: Rain expected for short spurts throughout Test match.

Toss: SA

Captain Smith walks eagerly out to the middle with his opening partner Gibbs. They are followed by Langeveldt who leads 10 debutants on the field as the Cricketweb XI prepare to contest their first Test macth since being suddenly elevated to Test level by the ICC.

Mr Mxyzptlk

SA crush CWXI in Historic 1st Test!!!

Well, lets get the call from expert commentator David Hookes.

69.6 Pollock to David, OUT, What a brilliant catch by Makhaya Ntini

David 1 (8b)
c. Ntini b. Pollock

End of innings (70.0 overs)
Day 5 2:33 PM
CRICKET WEB XI 199/10
(Run Rate: 2.84)
Shaun Pollock 12.0-4-30-3
Tim 9(24b 2X4)

So the Cricketweb XI have lost their firt International match. It's an historic day but an important one. There were good signs and performances from an undoubtedly talented team throughout the 5 contested days, but South Africa were just too good.

In an impressive gesture, Tim and David each grab a stump as they walk off to commemorate a good Test match.

END OF MATCH

Thats the end of the match
South Africa were in control most of the time and deserved this victory
Cricket Web XI didnt have a chance chasing this total
Thats all the cricket for now

South Africa 411/5d & 186/2d
Cricket Web XI 240 & 199

South Africa won by 158 runs

Man of the match: Jaques Kallis
Methinks the selectors have a bit of thinking to do.

Attachments

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Such an ordinary team, Tim, that they beat our even more ordinary team by 158 runs!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Historic moments:-

The first Cricketweb XI wicket:

15.4 David to Smith, OUT, Bowled him! Great delivery by David. Graeme Smith didnt have a clue

Graeme Smith 28 (51b 6X4)
b. David
The first half century:

50.2 Boje to Rich_2001, FOUR, Rich_2001 is one of the best batsmen in the world
Fifty for Rich_2001. He raises his bat to an appreciative crowd. Well played!
The first duck::P

2.6 Elworthy to Mxyzptlk, OUT, Gary Kirsten takes an easy catch to dismiss Mr Mxyzptlk
Loose shot on my part.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im disappointed in the way we folded up at the end of the First test, but it wasnt too bad, im especially pleased with Cloete and Rich_2001's good batting form
:)

Seeing as Lord picked the first test XI, I will do the second test XI
(In batting order!!)

1.Broncoman
2.Mr Mxytplk
3.Cloete
4.Lord_Of_Darkness
5.Rich_2001
6.Sunil Havascar
7.Langeveldt
8.Ryan
9.Top_Cat
10.Lucky Eddie
11.David

Bowling Order
1.Top_Cat
2.Lucky Eddie
3.Lord Of Darkness
4.Langeveldt
5.Cloete

And then whoever else warrents a bowl :)

Last edited: