• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb XI Tours, discussions, results, etc

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jacques Kallis and Mark Boucher batted with assurance to take SA to what was unltimately a winning 1st innings total.

CWXI lost the toss and were inserted by Smith on a pitch with some moisture in it. The openers played with assurance to 82/0 before Kallis stepped in. Then....collapse 107/3, 146/5 and 205 all out. Pollock and Elworthy did the damage with 4 and 3 wickets respectively.

After a 91-run opening partnership and 196/2, the home team looked good, but then a minor collapse of 3/61 and the CWXI looked to be pulling back. Boucher (40) and Pollock (27*) would take it away again though. Kallis topscored with a stroke-filled 94.

The second try was much the same as a 66-run 1st wicket partnership was broken start the slide that had the visitors at 116/4 at one point with Elworthy looking surprisingly dangerous. Broncoman (58) and Lord_of_Darkness (44) managed to help the CWXI up to 250, a lead of only 107.

No real troubles as SA fairly cantered home to a 9-wciket victory and a 2-1 series win.

Here's the call:
32.4 Eddie to Gibbs, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got Herschelle Gibbs

End of innings (32.4 overs)
Day 4 4:41 PM
SOUTH AFRICA 109/1
(Run Rate: 3.34)
Lucky Eddie 9.4-0-31-0
Herschelle Gibbs 65(104b 13X4 1X6)
Graeme Smith 12(20b 2X4)

END OF MATCH

We have a result in just 4 days
A comprehensive victory for South Africa, losing just 1 wicket

We hope you will be joining us in the coming matches, good bye

Cricket Web XI 205 & 250
South Africa 348 & 109/1

South Africa won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: Steve Elworthy
Vote for your Man of the Series now! Averages will be out within the next two hours.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Top SA avges:

Batting
J.Kallis - 245@61.25......3 50's....HS-94
H.Gibbs - 234@58.5........2 50's...HS-89*
G.Kirsten - 289@48.17......4 50's....HS-77
M.Boucher - 135@45............0 50's...HS-40

Bowling
S.Elworthy - 14@19.36......BB-5/51
S.Pollock - 8@24.......4/54
M.Ntini - 9@25.89.......3/42

Vote for your Man of the Series!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tomorow i will release a full itinary of the ODI series, so dont anyone go simming any games before then!

My MOS vote goes to Steve Elworthy

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWXI Top Averages:-

Batting
Cloete - 313@62.6...1*100...HS-227
Broncoman - 190@38...1*50...HS-58
Rich_2001 - 156@31.2...1*50...HS-64

Bowling
LE - 16@20.56...BB-6/39
Langeveldt - 4@30.25...2/35
Cloete - 2@31...BB-2/39
T_C - 5@31.2...BB-3/28

Vote for your Man of the Series now!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yep and each 3 of us will go posting the squad for the games starting with lang

GOod work simmin mxy

yea i think for fairness let mxy continue simming every game we play

Mr Mxyzptlk

I think with India being a completely independent team (ie not the home team nor touring team) we should appoint a manager to pick their XI. However, unless we can find someone by tomorrow, it would hold up the simming. Ideas? Comments?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
We can't compete with one AA - let alone 11.
Hmmmmm when this whole thing started our 1st game was against 7 AAs and 4 Gilchrists...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ahhh. Just the man for the job. What do you say?
I am honoured to be offered the job, and have been conversing with my new captain AA regarding team selection.

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
i guess we have no choice but to give cloete man of the series for us. he's a great player and i can really learn alot from him. CLOETE FOR MAN OF THE SERIES!!
geez thanx si. i agree with ya ;)

Simon

pfft, u should have at least written something that people may have believed i would have said

Langeveldt

Soutie
Triangular tournament Fixtures

Here is the itinary for the one day series which starts when South Africa take on Cricketweb in Johannesburg..

The name in brackets is who is due to sim the match... The first match results should be up by 11pm GMT

Match 1 - South Africa v Cricketweb at Wanderers Jo'burg (Langeveldt)

Match 2 - South Africa v India at Durban (Mxytplk)

Match 3 - India v Cricketweb at the Northwest Stadium, Potchefstroom (Lord)

Match 4 - South Africa v Cricketweb at Newlands Cape Town (Langeveldt)

Match 5 - South Africa v India at Pietermaritzburg (Mxytplk)

Match 6 - India v Cricketweb at Benoni (Lord)

FINAL - At Centurion Park (Langeveldt)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ok i will sim these ODI's and you and lord can do the next tour...

Team in batting order for the first ODI

1.Broncoman
2.Blewy
3.Cloete
4.Lord
5.Rich 2001
6.Rik
7.Top_Cat
8.Ryan
9.Langeveldt
10.Tim
11.LuckyEddie

Langeveldt

Soutie
South Africa bashed their way to a win against the Cricketweb XI in the opening game of the Triangular tournament.. At one stage a great partnership between Cloete and Lord threatened to take the match away from the South Africans, but Makhaya Ntini who extracted bounce from a lifeless wicket induced a collapse, and it was left to Rich_2001 and LuckyEddie to post a respectable 223..

It was never to be enough though, the pitch suited batsman and there was nothing for the string of Cricketweb medium pacers to work with.. Smith And Gibbs were brutal, Gibbs looked like he had a bus to catch hit three sixes, and Kallis and the newly recalled Dipenaar simply accelarated even more to bag South Africa the three points..

It was a batsmans paradise, and 223 wasnt enough...

CRICKETWEB XI - 223 (Cloete 86, Lord 45, Ntini 4-45, Pollock 3-52)
SOUTH AFRICA - 223/2 (Gibbs 78, Smith 70, Eddie 2-38)

Next match.. South Africa (3pts) v India (0 Points) at Durban

Attachments