• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in CWLand Discussion and Results

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
India announce CWLand tour squads

The BCCI today announced the Test and ODI squads for their CWLand tour. Two separate captains have been named for the different formats with Anil Kumble leading the Indian team in the longer form of the game and MS Dhoni in charge of the other. The ODI squad is expected to depart tomorrow.

In the Test squad there is a mixture of experience and youth. Allrounder Piyush Chawla has played a solitary Test for India, but has found his way into the selectors' favour despite his mediocre return. With him is phenom Ishant Sharma, who poses a threat with his pace bowling. Sharma and Zaheer Khan have been included pending fitness tests while VRV Singh and Murali Kartik have been left out.

Test squad:
A Kumble (c), MS Dhoni (wk), RS Dravid, SC Ganguly, H Singh, SR Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, IK Pathan, V Sehwag, W Jaffer, Y Singh, S Sreesanth, I Sharma, RP Singh, Z Khan, KD Karthik(wk), PP Chawla .

The one-day international squad features quite a few changes and an additional player. Dravid, Laxman and Jaffer make way for Robin Uthappa, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Praveen Kumar and Gautam Gambhir. Manoj Tiwary has been excluded as well as Munaf Patel.

ODI squad:
MS Dhoni (c)(wk), KD Karthik(wk), SC Ganguly, H Singh, SR Tendulkar, IK Pathan, V Sehwag, Y Singh, S Sreesanth, I Sharma, RP Singh, Z Khan, PP Chawla, RV Uthappa, SK Raina, RG Sharma, PS Singh, G Gambhir.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
ODI squad:
MS Dhoni (c)(wk), KD Karthik(wk), SC Ganguly, H Singh, SR Tendulkar, IK Pathan, V Sehwag, Y Singh, S Sreesanth, I Sharma, RP Singh, Z Khan, PP Chawla, RV Uthappa, SK Raina, RG Sharma, PS Singh, G Gambhir.
I see Dhoni didn't have much say in selection of ODI squad.

Don't really mind about only having one U19 game, as they are frequent IRL. But just think those fancy name teams are a waste of time personally. Might as well just call them CWA, as I would be surprised and tad disappointed if they weren't made up just fringe players.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see Dhoni didn't have much say in selection of ODI squad.

Don't really mind about only having one U19 game, as they are frequent IRL. But just think those fancy name teams are a waste of time personally. Might as well just call them CWA, as I would be surprised and tad disappointed if they weren't made up just fringe players.
On the contrary, the Select XI will be quite different from the James Nixon XI. The Select XI will feature selections with Twenty20 in mind. Huge difference.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite nervous about my selection chances tbh. Hoping to make the T20 team, based on my awesome tournament in England during the last off-season.

roseboy64

India team for Twenty20

G Gambhir
V Sehwag(6)
SR Tendulkar(7)
RG Sharma
Y Singh
MS Dhoni+*
IK Pathan(1)
P Kumar(3)
H Singh(5)
S Sreesanth(2)
I Sharma(4)

1-5 to bowl full allotment. Sehwag and Tendulkar to finish overs of anyone getting tonked i.e RPO over 7 after two overs.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Will definately be banking my hopes on making the 20/20 team. Very good looking fixture list.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can't wait to get stuck into those .................. <dragged from media conference, kicking and screaming>

roseboy64

Match not too important really and want those two to get a couple overs in prep for the ODIs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWBCC Select XI (T20 vs Indians)

Dan Smith has been seleted to lead the first ever Twenty20 representative CW side. Smith, the captain of CW Black, enjoyed good success in England with his first taste of T20 for Derbyshire.

He leads a side with four men who boast captaincy experience, and all of whom have represented Cricket Web XI. The surprise pick of the team is Håkon Mørk jr., who played some stunning innings for Yorkshire last year, against the run of his natural game. He will be followed by Kingsley Clapham, a bona fide allrounder in T20 cricket.

There is a lot of depth in the bowling, with Nath Patrick, Greg Thomas, Xavier Rose, Kingsley Clapham and Dave Watt representing a powerful pace attack. They will be backed up by Sean Fuller. Interestingly, no spinners have been selected in the team, with CW preferring to rely on the strength of pace resources.

CWBCC Select XI
AP Chaulk (wk)
JE Stedmam
DP Smith (c)
CR Butler
SE Fuller
H Mork
KR Clapham
XPA Rose
DJ Watt
GM Thomas
NL Patrick

Twelfth man duties will be handled by Cricket Web Colts batsman Bosco Fitzsimmons, who performed brilliantly in the field in his debut season.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

James Nixon Invitational XI (OD versus Indians)

Cricket Web Blue allrounder Sean Fuller is set to lead the James Nixon Invitational XI against the touring Indians in their lone warmup for the one-day series. Fuller heads six players who have been capped by CW XI, as a strong squad will tackle the tourists.

Nick Scott and Jamee Gray have been rewarded for their excellent performances in Season XIII for their respective clubs, and will open the batting together for the first time. Ex-CW XI batsman Dinu DeSilva then confirms a powerful top order. The selections of greatest note are Ben Read, Gee Sriram and Zac Ritchie. The latter is the lone spin option in the team, and after some impressive performances at Under-19 level and for Cricket Web Red, he will be under the spotlight against the masterful Indian batsmen.

Sriram gets his first representative call-up following a table-topping season with the ball, and will hope to press into the ODI squad with a good performance. Rounding off the bowling attack are the experienced David Kennett and Mike Wilson, and left-armer Kingsley Clapham. Having been displaced from the ODI team by Xavier Rose, Clapham too has a point to prove.

James Nixon Invitational XI
NG Scott
JR Gray (wk)
MW DeSilva
BS Read
SE Fuller (c)
PE Young
ZJ Ritchie
MW Wilson
KR Clapham
DM Kennett
G Sriram

Twelfth man duties will be carried out by Cricket Web Green allrounder Martyn Corrin.