• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in CWLand Discussion and Results

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Indians struggling against spin for some reason. Now watch us toil for over upon over against brick walls in the First Test...

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Good to see the Nixon XI get up. A bit disappointed with my performance, but hopefully I have done enough this season to warrant a recall. But looks like with me and Smith we will have decent replacement for Jaso either way.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith and Wright called into 1st Test squad

The uncapped opening batsman Dan Smith has been included in a 14-man squad preparing for the first Test against India. Smith, the Cricket Web Black captain, scored a century in the lone tour match before the first Test. He is joined by Thamba Mamesh in the team, and one of the two is expected to replace the suspended Shan Jasotharan in the final XI.

The other big decision is between spin-bowling allrounder Dave Richards, fast bowler Nick Borcich and the recalled Kyle Wright for the final bowling spot. Following a strong season, Wright has returned to Cricket Web XI contention, but will face stiff competition to displace the incumbents, Richards and Borcich.

Cricket Web XI 1st Test squad:
NS Pickup (c), H Mork (wk), PE Young, AP Cloete, CR Butler, TJ Demeza, AAA Collins, MW Wilson, T Mamesh, DP Smith, NA Borcich, DP Richards, KS Wright, RJ Dauth.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Couple of big selection headaches to come out of that 14.

Solid squad, hopefully we roll the Indians to follow up the OD whitewash.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Like the look of the squad, imo give Jaso's spot to Smithy. Has the form going into the series.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pretty keen for a test cap. Wouldn't mind the middle order but would prefer up top.

Pretty harsh on Halsey, has been pretty active and I don't think he knows the tour is on. I reckon I could get him active again within the day, if so would he suffer no skill loss?