• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in CWLand

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ramnaresh Sarwan will continue to find his feet as international captain as his West Indies is scheduled to tour CWLand for the rear end of the domestic season. Though West Indies have declined rapidly after Cricket Web XI have entered the world scene, they remain ahead of Cricket Web XI in the world Test ratings, and the Test series will, at least on paper, be a tussle for seventh place as Cricket Web XI hunt their first Test match win against the Caribbean select team.

Cricket Web XI have played six Test matches against West Indies, losing one and drawing five; in the last tour of West Indies they created a number of opportunities, however, West Indies have often been somewhat of a bogey team in ODIs. On the last tour of the Caribbean, Cricket Web XI threw away a 1-0 advantage to lose the three-match series, and West Indies defeated Cricket Web XI on two occasions during important World Cup knock-outs. A comprehensive win in the ODI series would ensure that Cricket Web XI regain superiority.

Tour schedule:

Monday 25th June
4-day Tour Match: Cricket Web Red vs West Indians
CW Oval

Wednesday 27th June
1st Test: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
CWBCC Stadium

Sunday 1st July
2nd Test: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
Pickford Reserve

Monday 2nd July
4-day Tour Match: Cricket Web Blue vs West Indians
PDV Dome

Wednesday 4th July
3rd Test: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
PDV Dome

Friday 6th July
1-day Tour Match: Cricket Web Green vs West Indians
CWBCC Stadium

Saturday 7th July
1st ODI: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
Fardin Qayyumi CC (d/n)

Sunday 8th July
2nd ODI: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
CW Oval

Monday 9th July
3rd ODI: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
CW Oval

Thursday 12th July
4th ODI: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
CWBCC Stadium (d/n)

Saturday 14th July
5th ODI: Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
PDV Dome

Cricket Web XI Test averages
West Indies Test averages
ODI averages

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would be great to get our first Test victory over the West Indies in this series, here's hoping.

HeathDavisSpeed

Heath sez "I will be targeting the weak link in the Windies order - Runako Morton"

Reporter sez "But you aren't playing Heath"

Heath sez "I didn't say I'd be targetting him on the pitch! Last time I was in Nevis, he stole my last stick of Hubba-bubba. I'll be making him PAY this time"

Reporter sez "How will you make him pay, Heath?"

Heath sez "The only mature way I know how. Sticking my tongue out at him from the cheap seats and shouting MORE SAFE, MORE ****, Moooorrrttoooonnn!"

Reporter sez "O... kay then....."

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
would have liked the chance to have a go at the tourists, but i guess they refused to play against Black fearing ridicule

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Should be interesting to see how we go against West Indies, i think they will be harder then what people think. Made my Test debut against the West Indies, so it should be interesting to see how much i have developed in the last two seasons and well how much the team has improved. Another chance to test where we are at.

Mister Wright

Hopefully the Webbers can back up with some convincing victories after a great series against Bangladesh.