• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ganga to lead West Indies on maiden CWLand tour

Daren Ganga will lead West Indies to CWLand, in the absence of the injured Ramnaresh Sarwan. Ganga has been named as captain of both the Test and one-day international outfit. Denesh Ramdin will serve as deputy.

There are several changes from the West Indies team that played the last series against England. Recalled to the Test and ODI teams are Jermaine Lawson and Dave Mohammed, while Fidel Edwards has been included only in the Test squad. The injured Darren Sammy and Dwayne Smith will join the team only for the ODI series. Pedro Collins has been recalled to the ODI team, but surprisingly will not play in the Tests.

The lone uncapped player in the mix is Amit Jaggernauth. The offspinner from Trinidad and Tobago joins Dave Mohammed in the Test squad as the main spin bowling options.

Test squad:
D Ganga (c), D Ramdin (vc/wk), CH Gayle, S Chanderpaul, RS Morton, MN Samuels, DS Smith, DJJ Bravo, DB Powell, JE Taylor, JJC Lawson, D Mohammed, CD Collymore, FH Edwards, A Jaggernauth.

ODI squad:
D Ganga (c), D Ramdin (vc/wk), CH Gayle, S Chanderpaul, RS Morton, MN Samuels, DS Smith, DJJ Bravo, DB Powell, JE Taylor, JJC Lawson, D Mohammed, CD Collymore, PT Collins, DJG Sammy, DR Smith.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Recalled to the Test and ODI teams are Jermaine Lawson and Dave Mohammed, while Fidel Edwards has been included only in the Test squad. The injured Darren Sammy and Dwayne Smith will join the team only for the ODI series. Pedro Collins has been recalled to the ODI team, but surprisingly will not play in the Tests.

The lone uncapped player in the mix is Amit Jaggernauth.

Good choices, IMO.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Daren Ganga will lead West Indies to CWLand, in the absence of the injured Ramnaresh Sarwan. Ganga has been named as captain of both the Test and one-day international outfit. Denesh Ramdin will serve as deputy.

There are several changes from the West Indies team that played the last series against England. Recalled to the Test and ODI teams are Jermaine Lawson and Dave Mohammed, while Fidel Edwards has been included only in the Test squad. The injured Darren Sammy and Dwayne Smith will join the team only for the ODI series. Pedro Collins has been recalled to the ODI team, but surprisingly will not play in the Tests.

The lone uncapped player in the mix is Amit Jaggernauth. The offspinner from Trinidad and Tobago joins Dave Mohammed in the Test squad as the main spin bowling options.

Test squad:
D Ganga (c), D Ramdin (vc/wk), CH Gayle, S Chanderpaul, RS Morton, MN Samuels, DS Smith, DJJ Bravo, DB Powell, JE Taylor, JJC Lawson, D Mohammed, CD Collymore, FH Edwards, A Jaggernauth.

ODI squad:
D Ganga (c), D Ramdin (vc/wk), CH Gayle, S Chanderpaul, RS Morton, MN Samuels, DS Smith, DJJ Bravo, DB Powell, JE Taylor, JJC Lawson, D Mohammed, CD Collymore, PT Collins, DJG Sammy, DR Smith.
New selection panel then for the WI.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bangladesh was a disappointing series, particularly in the short form, after we'd started so well with 900+, This is a series for our seam bowlers to stand up and stake a claim for genuine Test class against an inexperienced West Indies batting line up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to come up with a plan to get Chanders out.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh was a disappointing series, particularly in the short form, after we'd started so well with 900+, This is a series for our seam bowlers to stand up and stake a claim for genuine Test class against an inexperienced West Indies batting line up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to come up with a plan to get Chanders out.
Big ripping leg break that drifts, pitches a metre and a half outside off, then spins back, cutting him in half to take legstump.

Easy, you should have no probs Neil.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Juggernauth has probably the greatest name in international cricket. Disappointed that Pollard didn't get a guernsey.

Good luck to CW. :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Juggernauth has probably the greatest name in international cricket. Disappointed that Pollard didn't get a guernsey.

Good luck to CW. :)
Here's hoping he rips through a CW side in a tour match so we can simply see a headline that says "West Indian Juggernauth destroys CW Red."

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Big ripping leg break that drifts, pitches a metre and a half outside off, then spins back, cutting him in half to take legstump.

Easy, you should have no probs Neil.
Currently am preferring the "get the other ten players out for single figures and leave Him stranded" approach.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Red XI for West Indies clash

*+H Mørk
GKK Dobson
MD Luff
A Sharma
DA Kearsley
ZJ Ritchie
M Reddlapalli
GN Nayak
SA Bennett
KR Clapham
SV Raghav

Selected on basis of recent activity, performance and, in some cases, sheer pity.