• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Bangladeshis arrived at Nixontown today, and will kick off their tour of CWLand starting with a tour match against Cricket Web Colts on Wednesday 23rd.

Wednesday 23rd May
3-day Tour Match: Bangladeshis vs Cricket Web Colts
Fardin Qayyumi CC

Friday 25th May
1st Test: Bangladesh vs Cricket Web XI
CW Oval

Sunday 27th May
2nd Test: Bangladesh vs Cricket Web XI
Fardin Qayyumi CC

Monday 28th May
1-day Tour Match: Bangladeshis vs Cricket Web Black
Pickford Reserve

Tuesday 29th May
1st ODI: Bangladesh vs Cricket Web XI
Pickford Reserve

Thursday 31st May
2nd ODI: Bangladesh vs Cricket Web XI
PDV Dome

Saturday 2nd June
3rd ODI: Bangladesh vs Cricket Web XI
CWBCC Stadium

Bangladesh Test squad:

Habibul Bashar (c), Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza, Syed Rasel, Javed Omar, Enamul Haque jr., Mohammad Rafique, Khaled Mashud (wk), Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Saqibul Hasan, Rajin Saleh, Shahadat Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Tamim Iqbal.

Bangladesh ODI squad:

Khaled Mashud OUT
Aftab Ahmed, Farhad Reza IN

Series statistics

CW XI - Test averages
Bangladesh - Test averages
ODI averages

Last edited by a moderator:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Does one assume that in days between games the selected CW players will be unavailable for league games?

Mr Mxyzptlk

It depends on the squad. The Test squad will be consist of 12-13 for each match, with the 1-2 extra players being released for duty on the day of the match. Particular players will also be released for club duty between matches. For the ODIs, all the players in the squad will be unavailable for the duration of the series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So it'll be a case of the selectors operating the central contracts to an extended degree then I guess?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cool - love internaional cricket in CWLand. Pleased I'll be able to state my case for test selection in a warm up.

Lets face it, if I can't perform against Bangladesh...

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see some international cricket at home. Good chance to see where we are at Test level without Goff, but 2-Test series meh. Also i thought Under 19s were meant to get a couple tour matches instead of a tour during the the season?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nice to see some international cricket at home. Good chance to see where we are at Test level without Goff, but 2-Test series meh. Also i thought Under 19s were meant to get a couple tour matches instead of a tour during the the season?
That would require taking players from sides that are playing on the day. At this crucial stage in the season, teams will understandably be unhappy about that. As such, the tour matches will be against teams that are inactive on the day.

cbuts

International Debutant
looking forward to the tour.
Be a changing of the gaurd, new captain and all

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IIRC this will be my first time watching the CWXI perform on home soil, quite excited tbh :). A few strong bowling performances in OD would be preferable between now and the 29th if i want to keep myself in the selectors mindframe for the ODI's as well.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really hope I can force my way back into the test side, as I have been in pretty good form this year. Will get a chace with the Colts side to press my case.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pickup gets captaincy
Vice-captain to be decided

Long-serving vice-captain Neil Pickup will take over from the retired Brendon Goff, having been announced by the CWBCC today as the new captain of the Cricket Web XI. In light of Goff's shocking retirement, the CW XI faces a difficult transition period to new leadership following a semi-final exit at the Champions Trophy. The legspinner has been one of the greatest servants of CW cricket over the years and boasts impressive international records.

Now he will get the chance to further prove his worth to the national side, receiving his first proper run at the helm. His first opponents, Bangladesh, will play 2 Tests and 3 one-day internationals.

The vice-captain is yet to be named, but several names have been tossed into the pool of consideration, including Cricket Web Red captain Håkon Mørk.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's a massive honour to be appointed as the fifth (?) captain of the national side - I hope I can build on the steps taken by Goffy and the side during his reign and firmly establish us as a serious Test nation both at home and away.

The first step is a 2-0 win here.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Congratulations, Neil, not just in being named captain but also in making yourself such an obvious choice.

Looking forward to the series, will be hoping for big things from Colts. :)

Simon

well done Neil, a fairly obvious selection but im sure that doesnt make it less of an honour for him...