• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most notable achievement IMO:

Pete Young scored his first Test hundred upon recall. Having played 75 innings before he took guard against Bangladesh, Young had 15 half-centuries and a top score of 96. What a dream recall for him!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most notable achievement IMO:

Pete Young scored his first Test hundred upon recall. Having played 75 innings before he took guard against Bangladesh, Young had 15 half-centuries and a top score of 96. What a dream recall for him!
Fantastic effort. Don't know what it's like to score a century personally, but even in a simmed game, it must feel pretty good.

David

International 12th Man
Well, what a performance, well done guys, brilliant batting Butler, pretty much every batsman stood up. Disappointed Pickup & I couldn't get more runs, they were certainly there on offer.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing stuff there, im pretty sure Bulter took over from Blackman as the highest scorer in an innings in FC there. Im pretty sure that would have to be the highest FC total as well. Great return from Young as well, hopefully he can keep it going. Great team bowling effort there too. Hopefully thats a sign of our improvement in Test rather then inability of Bangladesh away from the sub-continent.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hardly a reasonable comment about myself when I didn't mention my bowling stats in regards to selection??

In regards to Stedman, though, I believe his form (from the past few seasons) -demands- selection in the OD arena. His -one off- comment of death (or whatever it was) is beyond nullified by his -total- domination in the OD arena in both dev league and grade status.

I completely disagree with Borcich's -total- domination of FC cricket as a bowler, though.

Borcich took 53 wickets at 22 w/ a SR of 41 from 11 matches in season 11,
in comparision to
Watt's 83 wickets at 17 w/ a SR of 33
and
Collins' 56 wickets at 25 w/ a SR of 64

and i can't get the stats for season 10 easily. If i could i'm 100% sure it would show that Ad's and Dave Watt would **** all over Borcich.

Still, i'm quite lost for words that you thought I was discussing myself. If I was crapping on about myself I would have stated that I have taken a fair deal more wickets than Borcich in his career at a much better strike rate over a lot more FC games.

Comparing an out and out strike bowler against a much more economical bowler is like comparing pears versus dried apricots. Surely as the international selector you'd know this, Tharmi.
The point was not to compare you with Borcich interms of bowlers. More interms of giving players 2nd chances after suspensions or being overlooked due to previous off field issues. Its happened in the past with Dauth, Weber, Jasotharan, Stedman and yourself. All been given those chances and im sure more will in the future if they deserve just like Borcich has. Whats the point of suspensed someone, if you not going to give them another chance after they have shown a better attiude. You might as well suspend them for their rest of their career.

On his merits as a bowler, you don't get the lowest career average in FC cricket by being an average bowler. He more then deserves his spot in the squad, on the back of his performances recently and throughout his career. Sure selectively you could find stats to show player x, y, z is better.

cbuts

International Debutant
great all round effort there. too often teams drop their standards when playing a weaker side

personally it is a great honour to ahve the highest score by a webhead. Giong on with big scores is something i have struggled with, so it was great to finally go on with one. First triple century by a Kiwi

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Wow now thats not what i expected, hopefully that a sign of things to come in Test Cricket for us. Happy with my hundred, i guess i been hitting form at the right time.

I like the look of this top 3, i get open the batting with my former team mate Hakon and then I can bat with Pete, my current opening partner at 3. Hopefully us three can score plenty of runs together for CW.

PY

International Coach
I'm in a state of shock, I shall possibly reply when my jaw isn't on the floor.

Cracking result everyone and wow at Butler. :-O

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thats a fair result, tbh questions need to be asked of the tail and their batting ability, the magical 1000 was there to be had...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
thats a fair result, tbh questions need to be asked of the tail and their batting ability, the magical 1000 was there to be had...
Too damn right! Everyone knew we were going on until an hour before stumps on Day 3, and then we all fell in a big heap when faced with a record in front of us. Not acceptable 9-10-11... Probably cause we all had very sore backsides having been sat down for two and a half days...