Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Bangladesh in CWLand

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Seeking a Colts team for the warm-up.

Edit: Here

Bangladesh team:

Shahriar Nafees
    Tamim Iqbal
    *Habibul Bashar
    Rajin Saleh
    Mohammad Ashraful
    +Mushfiqur Rahim
    Khaled Mashud
    Shahadat Hossain
    Enamul Haque jnr.
    Syed Rasel
    Mashrafe Mortaza
    Last edited by Magrat Garlick; 23-05-2007 at 10:21 AM.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Surely that tail gets re-arranged. Mashrafe must bat higher, surely.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Mushfiqur Rahim and Khaled Mashud?
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Debutant kears_falcon_9's Avatar
    Should be a cracking series. Interesting to see how the Bangladeshies go up against the Colts. Reckon they might struggle againt fitzy, wilson and co.
    ----------------
    < D.A.V.I.D >
    ----------------

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Pickup gets captaincy
    Vice-captain to be decided

Long-serving vice-captain Neil Pickup will take over from the retired Brendon Goff, having been announced by the CWBCC today as the new captain of the Cricket Web XI. In light of Goff's shocking retirement, the CW XI faces a difficult transition period to new leadership following a semi-final exit at the Champions Trophy. The legspinner has been one of the greatest servants of CW cricket over the years and boasts impressive international records.

Now he will get the chance to further prove his worth to the national side, receiving his first proper run at the helm. His first opponents, Bangladesh, will play 2 Tests and 3 one-day internationals.

The vice-captain is yet to be named, but several names have been tossed into the pool of consideration, including Cricket Web Red captain Håkon Mørk.
    Belated congratulations Neil.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Mushfiqur Rahim and Khaled Mashud?
    Hasan feeling unlucky to miss out, as would Hossain Jnr perhaps.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

wish the greens where playing the bangladeshys
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Cricket Web Colts v Bangladeshis
    at Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
    Ball By Ball

A dominant performance resulted in an innings victory for the Colts against Bangladesh, largely due to fine batting on a placid wicket. Bangladesh couldn't convert their starts, and the prospects look grim ahead of the Test series.

Habibul Bashar won the toss and bravely asked Nafees and Tamim to bat first against Wright and Thomas; the suicidal single which took care of Shahriar Nafees set the tone of the innings. Bangladesh played an expansive game and paid the price for it. By lunch they had made 118 runs, but crucially, Nafees, Tamim and Rahim were all back in the pavilion.

Wright and Rai opened the bowling after lunch, with little reward, but Hancock struck gold once more in his short second spell as an outswinger found the outside edge and flew to Towns at point. With Rajin trapped lbw by a regulation fast delivery from Thomas, Bangladesh were into the tailenders, and Wilson feasted by removing Mashud and Mortaza through good use of movement. Bashar had dug in, however, and reached 57 by tea, but when deserted by Enamul he too found the need for expansive strokes. He duly thumped two down the throats of Wilson, who floored an easy one at deep midwicket, and Rai, who managed to dismiss the captain for 66. Thomas ended the innings, and Bangladesh were all out for a meagre 225.

Fitzsimmons and Malthus weren't akin to smashing the bowlers either, and after two overs Shahadat and Mortaza had conceded twenty. However, murky conditions enabled Mortaza to trouble the batsmen with swing, though it was Rasel who utilised them best, bowling a maiden over to Fitzsimmons which concluded in the veteran hoiking the ball up for Ashraful to come in at square leg and holding the catch.

That was as good as it got - though had Ashraful and Bashar held their chances to dismiss Malthus and Towns early on in their stand, it might have been different. The two batted until stumps with ease, reaching the fifty milestone shortly before the day ended, and the Colts trailed by just one hundred runs with nine wickets in hand.

Rasel kept on fighting, claiming good rewards for his line-and-length bowling as Colts pressed on for runs. In one fine spell in the morning session, he grabbed Towns, Malthus and Jasotharan, and had single-handedly reduced Colts to 191 for four. Butler and Kerr treated the medium offerings with disdain, however, racing to a 73-run partnership in 50 minutes before lunch. The battering continued after the interval, as the batsmen's confidence grew to Icarusian proportions. In ten overs with the new ball, Shahadat and Mortaza conceded 60 runs to the rampant batsmen, and once again it took Rasel to break the stand - Butler dragged him on to end a splendid knock of 117, then removed Kerr a few overs later. At 410 for seven, Bangladesh saw an opportunity to end the descent, but Rai made up for his poor show with the ball as he shared a belligerent 84-run stand with Nick Hancock. Eventually, the Colts declared on 518 for nine after Rai had reached his fifty, leaving Bangladesh with 294 in a day to avoid the innings defeat.

Nafees and Tamim seemed determined to cut that deficit to zero before stumps. Thomas and Wright were treated to a spate of cover drives, conceding nine fours, two sixes and 75 runs in the first ten overs. Hancock, however, put the ball on a length, and the straight drive from Nafees fell short - to Thomas at mid on.

On the final day, Colts produced plenty of chances, and took most of them too. Tamim dragged on for 58, leaving Rahim and Bashar to save the draw; that hope faded as Thomas caught the outside edge of Bashar's bat and Jasotharan held a fine catch. Thomas, Wright and Wilson ran through the middle order, and the tail-enders simply didn't have enough staying power, with a credible exception to Enamul, who held out for 43 balls in the second innings and a grand total of 66 balls. Only four of the batsmen stuck in for longer, highlighting the problems Bangladesh will face before the coming weekends' Test series.

Bangladeshis 225 all out
    Habibul Bashar 66; NR Hancock 3-37, MW Wilson 3-38

Cricket Web Colts 518 for nine declared
    CR Butler 117, WA Kerr 82, JB Malthus 75, DP Towns 72, DK Rai 51*; Syed Rasel 6-129

Bangladeshis 262 all out
    Mushfiqur Rahim 71, Tamim Iqbal 58; GM Thomas 4-83, MW Wilson 3-53

Cricket Web Colts won by an innings and 31 runs
    Man of the Match: C. R. Butler (Colts)

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Dominant stuff guys A lot of good performances in there. Butler obviously but congrats to Kerr on 82 in his first match versus an interational side.

Wilson=so gun.

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    Great display Colts, very clinical win. Kerry, Butler, Malthus, Towns and everyone else well done.
    Patrick Ryder- What a gun http://youtube.com/watch?v=MW1VCwJJEII

Baby Bombers are back....

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Interesting just shows how bad Bangladesh FC averages are really, in comparsion to our players FC averages. Still going to be tough Test series, if our top players don't perform. But its good see Bulter, Thomas and Wilson hit some form against their players before the Test series.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Good stuff.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to have been a member of the CW Colts

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Excellent performance from everyone involved with Thomas, Butler & Towns doing their chances of test selection no harm. Simon will be disapointed he didn't get a bigger score.

On a personal note, it was disapointing not to get more wickets.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Haha, dominant performance there, brilliant stuff Colts. Class team performance all round, great bowling from Nick, Mike and Geg, batting all down the order. Can't complain.

Not a bad effort from Rasel, though.

Damn you Syed Rasel! But still, Banglandesh will always be the Colts Bitches! "All their base belong to us!"

The oily Butler has done it again and brilliant stuff from Geg and Wilo. Let's keep up the good run boys!
    Last edited by Dizzy #4; 24-05-2007 at 07:48 AM.
    Jason Gillespie = Best Bowler and Batsman of South Australia
    CW Record Stats http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=23910

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information