• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* CWBCC Suspends Two Players

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Alex Blackman and Nick Borcich have been officially suspended by the CWBCC following "severe breaches of the code of conduct", as chairman Håkon Mørk sr. put it in a press conference in Nixonstown today. The two players had been rumoured to be the source of much internal strife in last season's champion team Cricket Web Black, and have also shown what Mørk called "a disgraceful public attitude towards fellow players, both within their own team and within the league." Blackman was given the harshest punishment, and will now have to sit out until the start of Season 13; Borcich received a ban lasting half a season, and may return midway through Season 12.

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done to the CWBCC for standing up and taking action... Hopefully this teaches some people a lesson..

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting development. The streets of CW - no doubt much safer without the bustling Buddhy Blackman roaming around and Borcich preying on young children?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
...Nath Borcich...
Just noticed this. I believe he's the wily left armer from Goffstown, plying his trade in Grade cricket? No relation to Nick of CW Black fame.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Just noticed this. I believe he's the wily left armer from Goffstown, plying his trade in Grade cricket? No relation to Nick of CW Black fame.
The official responsible for typesetting the press release has been sacked.

Mööse.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Blewy said:
Well done to the CWBCC for standing up and taking action... Hopefully this teaches some people a lesson..
pretty much my thoughts as well.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Couldn't agree more Blewy.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd like to know what Nick Borcich actually did. He wasn't involved in the abuse of Butler or Kearsley. He stepped out of line with the retirement of Hoy, but that's all I can see he did wrong. Made a stupid thread about Colts and swore a few times.

I'd like to be pointed towards the breaches of Nick.

Blackman's suspension is extremely harsh, but we really can't appeal it.

pasag

RTDAS
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Blackman's suspension is extremely harsh, but we really can't appeal it.
Why not? I'd like to request an appeal and a proper disciplinary process as opposed to some sort of knee jerk reaction to the cries of some less than thick skinned players.

The length of the sentances for these alleged misdemeanors are absurd. The lack of proper, offical warnings are also worrisome.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I got an offical warning from the CWBCC last night/this morning. I'd like to hope that we can shorten the sentences, especially Borcich's as he really didn't do anything worthy of a huge suspension like that. I abused the head of Dev League during last season and got a 2 match suspension. He didn't even do that.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I think this is a real overreaction. Giving Blackman a whole season over the Butler thing is way over the top, and I can't remember Borcich doing anything aside from calling Hoy soft over the retirement. If they got say 5 matches it'd be one thing, but a whole season and half a season is ridiculous.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, in all seriousness, an entire season? You're pretty much telling him to retire, because there's no point waiting around for a season to play. Suspending Buddhy over the Butler thing is pretty dubious as well, considering it was done over MSN, and therefore not within CW or the Dev League. And with Borcich, can't say much that hasn't already been said - what has he done?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't have a problem with the decision to suspend them but honestly can't be a season. Blacks need to appeal here. Totally unfair that Borcich would get suspended for what he said to Hoy when what I said to Malone last season was even worse. Some consistency needed IMO.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
And what about the whole "some guy at Blue harassing Patrick"? If things on MSN are going to be left alone, then why is Buddhy suspended?