• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Retiring from CricketWeb XI

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Hoggy31 said:
No matter how much ass you kiss, you ain't gonna make the CWXI side averaging 13.

Then again, Towns did...
Would you please keep quiet for once, you and Blackmen are the reason most of us left black in the first place and now have forced a longstanding quality player/person to leave the system.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
It was his own decision, nobody told him to leave. I can't understand it tbh. Likewise, how does moving from Black solve anything? Just makes the team poorer and doesn't make you prone from abuse. Likewise, why should a few occasional words stop you from appearing in scoresheets. Hoy had more power than anyone...doesn't make sense.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hoggy31 said:
No matter how much ass you kiss, you ain't gonna make the CWXI side averaging 13.

Then again, Towns did...
Yeah, because that's why I want you to shut your mouth... It couldn't be because Butler, Wilson and now Hoy have left the side because of it.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Hoggy31 said:
Sad day for CW Black. Although it is pretty piss weak to just retire when things get a little tough.
No, its piss weak when people thing to abuse someone is a laughing matter, and also piss weak for people to back up his justification of abuse.

The attitudes of some member here I find totally irresponsible and totally disrespectful, towards this issue, and quite frankly I don't wish to be involved in anything that people who take this attitude are involved in.

My best mate at school struggled with serious abuse right through his childhood and trust me it is not a pretty thing to see someone go through.

So to all of you who backed Blackman in his justifications of his actions, it is as much you attitudes as his that has lead me too this decision, I hope for you own sakes you can find a bit of maturity, and not go on behaving like year 4 school yard bullies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Yeah, because that's why I want you to shut your mouth... It couldn't be because Butler, Wilson and now Hoy have left the side because of it.
How did I make them leave?

Show me some evidence then maybe we'll talk.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggy31 said:

Then again, Towns did...

Comments like this certainly do not help anyone, they simply fan flames.

cbuts

International Debutant
mate wat the hell is been giong on? i have been away for a week, and something crazy is giong on

Loony BoB

International Captain
I seriously hope that you can change your mind, Hoyboy. This is certainly a little slap in the face for the CWXI & Dev League, though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Something about the name Nathan.

Don`t go Hoyboy. You`re not just wanted, but needed IMO.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I really do hope that you change your mind Nathan. I can understand your reasons and why you have stopped enjoying the game as much, due to the circumstances you have faced in the last week or so. But there are other opinions you have available, if you main reasons for wanting to leave is that your not enjoying your time at a certain club.

I’m sure majority of the players in CW would like you to stay on, as you have been an invaluable member of the CW Cricket. But at the end of the day if the current situation has got too much for you. Then I guess we have to respect your decision to move on. I do hope that you reconsider and I’m sure majority of players do as well.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
mikeW said:
you and Blackmen are the reason most of us left black in the first place
I don't see how dark skinned men are the reason that you guys left.

Sad to hear this Hoy please reconsider The actions of one coward shall not affect the rest of us and the ability to see a great bowler in his stride.

But if this happens to be the end good luck and hope you have a great retirement

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Tom Halsey said:
Wow.

I echo the sentiments of the vast majority in here...
Same here. Although you leaving make sit easier for to gain selection that's not really a good thing. I'd much rather people get selected because they deserve it not because of forfeiture caused by stupidity. In any case, hope you'll think it over.