• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zimbabwe will be touring CWLand for the first time since 2010. They will play 5 one-day internationals against the CW XI.

Thursday 26th October
1st ODI at the CWBCC Stadium

Saturday 28th October
2nd ODI at the CW Oval

Sunday 29th October
3rd ODI at the CW Oval

Tuesday 31st October
4th ODI at the Pickford Reserve

Thursday 2nd November
5th ODI at the Fardin Qayyumi Stadium

The series is set to begin at the start of the fourth quarter of Dev League cricket.

Available Players:

SE Fuller
KS Wright
DP Towns
A Crampton
BC Cunningham
CR Butler
TV Weber
DA Kearsley
JR Rodgie
ZR Ritchie
DP Smith
MD Luff
BJ Goff
MW DeSilva
GM Thomas
MJC Currie
SJ Burke
AJ Garven
MW Wilson
DM Kennett
MR Reddlapalli
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
AA Cameron
DJ Watt
AS Das
AJ Blackman
KJ Goughy
AP Chaulk
LA Camps

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Good stuff.

So all Dev League players should state in here whether or not they will be available for selection to play this series. The CWBCC has been mandated by the ICC to carry out the series, and will be issued a severe fine should we not do so.

That said, it's fascinating that there wasn't much complaint for this.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
The difference between a multi-national tournament and a two country series has been pointed out numerous times previously.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Difference being....?

If there's an issue with playing against Zimbabwe in CWLand, why would it matter if it was a one-off or a 5-game series? Aren't morals morals? There was every opportunity to forfeit the game against Zimbabwe in the World Cup. That way said morals wouldn't have been compromised.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Why do you keep inviting Zimbabwe rather than the other minnow nations? Is it just a love of stirring?

Bangladesh have never visited CWLand, and Holland are the only associate to have done.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm available for selection if needed. I'd be hesitant to tour Zimbabwe to be honest, but I have no real qualms with playing against them over here.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Why do you keep inviting Zimbabwe rather than the other minnow nations? Is it just a love of stirring?

Bangladesh have never visited CWLand, and Holland are the only associate to have done.
We've only ever played one series (outside of multi-nation series) against Zimbabwe, and that was four seasons ago. And we've also played one series against Bangladesh and one against Holland. I don't see where the discrepancy is. We've also never played a Test against Zimbabwe.

We've played each once and now we're playing one of them a second time. It's a cycle. It's how things work. Are you available for the series then?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's a funny looking cycle if it excludes Canada, Kenya, Bermuda, Scotland and Ireland and doesn't work on a Home/Away basis.

Mr Mxyzptlk

How many Test nations have played Canada, Bermuda, Scotland and Ireland outside of the World Cup or Champions Trophy? Kenya, perhaps, but when was the last time they played a series against England or New Zealand?

How is it uncommon that a Test nation would host Zimbabwe rather than Canada?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Two wrongs making a right, are they? Under the ICC initiative for ODI status post the Trophy, Test/ODI status ought not be as relevant.

The WI are hosting Canada and Bermuda in 18 months time - at the same time that Kenya and Scotland hit SA. If the incompetent WICB can get it, can't we?

Mr Mxyzptlk

And why are we to host Canada, Bermuda, Kenya and Scotland right away? I really don't see the sense of your reasoning. Are you saying that it's unrealistic that we would host Zimbabwe for the first time in four years before we host another minnow nation? Do tell. I'm intrigued.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm saying it's unrealistic that we'd host Zimbabwe twice before hosting Bangladesh, or another minnow nation at all. Logical is Z M B M Z M B M...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm available if the selectors want me.

Career best form and regained my passion for the game after considering retirement.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
I'm saying it's unrealistic that we'd host Zimbabwe twice before hosting Bangladesh, or another minnow nation at all. Logical is Z M B M Z M B M...
Considering that the ICC only opened up the playing field for other minnow nations very recently, it's not as though that factors into any sequence to date. I still fail to see your argument, other than you simply don't want to play Zimbabwe. And therefore I gather that you'd be arguing against playing Zimbabwe regardless of how many times we'd played Bangladesh in between.

We played Zimbabwe once. We played Bangladesh once. We played Holland once. We've toured Bangladesh. We've never toured Zimbabwe. We're not about to start touring Zimbabwe now.

We're going to play Zimbabwe a second time. We will then play Bangladesh a second time. Maybe then we shall host Canada.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I wouldn't say we're a minnow anymore given how well we compete in tests. Let alone the fact that we compete in tests at all!

I echo Fuller's thoughts and will be available if needed.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Aren't we technically a minnow anyway?

Which means playing other minnows like Zimbabwe is no big deal?
I question how a nation who has reached two World Cup finals can be called a minnow.

Sri Lanka still hasn't managed that...