• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Preferred format for live sims

Live sim...

• MSN

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • CricketWeb

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Written on stone and carried down a mountain ala. The Ten Commandments.

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure where I should have posted this but I thought it would be a handy poll. How would you rather the live sims be done? I personally prefer MSN as I get more involved/interested in the game as it happens. On CricketWeb I just think...meh I'll look it up a bit later when the score progresses, sometimes just wait until after game's over. There's always more people talking in MSN but I'm sure it's harder for the simulators so this poll might mean nothing.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
MSN sims are the only live sims. Forum sims are just an excuse to boost your post count.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
This has already been asked at the start of the season or in off-season i can't remember, but i think Forum won with MSN real close with most people agreeing that Forum sim with a MSN convo for those who want it the best option.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As a simmer, I'm more comfortable with forum sims for long matches, as it means that I'm not held to as strict a time limit between updates. ODIs are different.

Dydl

International Debutant
So you could sim the ODI's on MSN and the long matches on CricketWeb.... Unless you don't want to sim them on MSN at all, it's your choice.

ash chaulk

International Captain
went msn again for the 3rd time this poll has been run....

i like to abuse the other bowlers while in the live sim so much excitement especially when it comes back to bite me on the bum..... yummy!!!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Option 3 clearly the only way. Don't care for forum sims, and I don't think Mork will let me in the MSN sims after last time.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
MSN easily. Forum sims aren't even worth it, so boring.

edit -
kears_falcon_9 said:
This has already been asked at the start of the season or in off-season i can't remember, but i think Forum won with MSN real close with most people agreeing that Forum sim with a MSN convo for those who want it the best option.
Actually, MSN won.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
MSN sims present various problems, but they are simply far more entertaining. Forum sims are no comparison.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree with FDO. MSN sims are far more entertaining, but often do get taken over by loudmouths and bickering.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree MSN sims are the best option, But when they get overtaken by tools who just want to dribble about crap its very annoying... I also think there needs to be a limit on the amount of people allowed into a "live MSN sim" with preference to those involved in the game...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it should be open for all, ie for CW XI games especially. Close to nobody will stick around to watch a game that isn't their team, so it wouldn't make that big a difference anyway.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
I think it should be open for all, ie for CW XI games especially. Close to nobody will stick around to watch a game that isn't their team, so it wouldn't make that big a difference anyway.
Yes BUT i have been involved in sims where there are that many people that MSN just keeps stuffing up... Thats no fun at all, especially during an important game....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think there are two ways that can make it enjoyable for everyone.

When the live sim is on, have two MSN convos open with one just for the simmer and captain/designated captain to communicate bowling changes, fielding batting tactics etc and another convo open for general discussion.

Or

Have one MSN convo for simmer and captains to communicate (everyone watching) and have discussion on a thread in the forum.