• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chairmen's Trophy (New Zealand and Holland in CWLand)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand 1st Match
SP Fleming (C)
NJ Astle
PG Fulton
SB Styris
HJH Marshall
RL Taylor
BB McCullum
JDP Oram
DL Vettori
KD Mills
SE Bond

12th Man: L Vincent

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web XI 1st Match Squad

I Markus
LA Camps
BJ Goff (C)
CR Butler
MW DeSilva
MJ Robbins
AP Chaulk (wk)
TC Halsey
NS Hoy
XPA Rose
NS Pickup

12th Man: NR Hancock

The squad will vary from match to match, as we'll look to play all potential World Cup players in this series. Some of the names certain to get game time - Sean Fuller, Rob Dauth, Nath Patrick, Nick Hancock. A few others on the cards too (maybe).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Cricket Web XI vs New Zealand
Game 1 - CW Oval

Dinu DeSilva played the innings of his career in front of a packed house at the Cricket Web Oval, and the Cricket Web XI beat New Zealand by 3 wickets in a close encounter.

DeSilva scored 70 not out off 71 balls, and though the Webheads got home comfortably at the very end, his was an important innings in ensuring the easy finish. The 20 year-old entered at the fall of captain Brendan Goff at 109/3. He joined Chris Butler and the two played confidently for a partnership of 48.

At 157/3 after 30 overs, it seemed a simple task to overhaul New Zealand's total of 237. It was then that Bond returned to the fold. The Kiwi spearhead had earlier dismissed Liam Camps and Ian Markus in his first three overs and had Goff dropped in 12 in his third. Dangerous undoubtedly, he proceeded to knock back Butler's legstump, then produced a beauty to get Robbins caught in the gully.

Suddenly the score was a more difficult 157/5. When Chaulk was caught off a Vettori arm ball, New Zealand pushed ahead. Tom Halsey joined DeSilva and the two put on 30 for the seventh wicket. Back for an encore, Bond stirred things up again with the wicket of Halsey for 11.

Nathan Hoy was made to press on with his name as an allrounder alongside the incumbent DeSilva. To his credit, the young seamer was calm and determined and proved a perfect foil. After Bond completed his spell with 5-36, things settled down quickly, and runs were easy to milk en route to victory.

Earlier, Liam Camps tore through the New Zealand batting after a good start. A socre of 86/1 after 19 overs quickly became 110/4 and the visitors never quite recovered. Brendan McCullum and Hamish Marshall did exceptionally to elevate the score to a level of competitiveness, but Hoy partnered with Camps well to limit the revival.

New Zealand 237 all out (49.2 overs)
HJH Marshall 63, BB McCullum 47, SP Fleming 44
LA Camps 5-49, TC Halsey 2-39, NS Hoy 3-44

Cricket Web XI 238-7 (48.2 overs)
MW DeSilva 70*, CR Butler 58, BJ Goff 57
SE Bond 5-36

Cricket Web XI won by 3 wickets.

Man of the Match: MW DeSilva

cbuts

International Debutant
great result guys, bondy seems to be making a habit of bowling over lefties leg stump. on a personal note, great to carry on the runs from the final game in aussie.

congrats DD superb knock mate

hey liam, i dont think the scorecard and the commentary linked properly

Mr Mxyzptlk

It was linked properly. I just didn't want to upload the scorecard and commentary until I was done updating the website. Everything should be in order now.

cbuts

International Debutant
Me n Goffy with another big partnership, we seem to be making a habbit of it champ

cbuts

International Debutant
hey i was wondering, we are we ranked in the world in both forms these days? we must be moving up a little?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid performance 1st up without being spectacular.. We got the job done which is what was needed... The bowlers did a fine job, whilst Dinu played a Super Innings when it was needed..

Butsy and I continued our partnership, hopefully we'll carry that through the WC..

To all the guys who get a run leading up to the WC, both Fringe and regulars.. Take your chance, as you never know if you'll get another..

dinu23

International Debutant
I want to thank the selectors for sticking with me even after my performance in the Australian series. good win guys. Goff, Buts in the runs and Liam, great bowling.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win, good to see Dinu finally finding some runs at ODI level. Good stuff guys, things are looking good.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Great win, good to see Dinu finally finding some runs at ODI level. Good stuff guys, things are looking good.
Im pretty sure he scored some runs against the windies