• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chairmen's Trophy (New Zealand and Holland in CWLand)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well only Haakon has responded to the selection email so far, so I'd suggest it won't be announced until the other selectors take an interest in it.
Oh the wonders of the new panel. Bring back Pickup :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
I apologise first up for the delay - I've had a busy weekend, seems the other Colts selectors must have also missed this. Since no U-19 squad for Europe has been named, I'll assume we'll be full strength.

CW Colts

DP Towns (vc)
AS Das (wk)
G Nayak
JB Malthus-Howell
TB Bowman
TV Weber
DK Rai
DJ Comley
JP McNamara
GM Thomas
KS Wright (c)

Okay, since that's the entire squad, that's what I'll go with. Very light batting though. If someone in the CWBCC can organise a loan batsman or two (including a keeper) to replace Weber & Rai (as we already have two spinners in this side), that would be great. Otherwise, whoever of Towns, Howler, Das, Weber and Rai has the best fielding stats can be keeper...

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I responded 1st, Obvioulsy you didnt receive it.. Hakon replied to my email...

Ill resend..

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
I apologise first up for the delay - I've had a busy weekend, seems the other Colts selectors must have also missed this. Since no U-19 squad for Europe has been named, I'll assume we'll be full strength.

CW Colts

S Jasotharan (wk)
DP Towns (c)
AS Das
G Nayak
JB Malthus-Howell
P Bharat
TB Bowman
DJ Comley
JP McNamara (vc)
GM Thomas
CD McKern

12th Man: MJ Pitt
13th Man: KS Wright (c if playing)

Wright & Hancock rested, with Bowman & Thomas to be given a good chance to shine in the OD frame, backing up the trio of McNamara, McKern & Comley.

Batting close to full strength.
U/19 squad named.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW Chairmen's XI

JE Stedman
LA Camps
MW DeSilva
RJ Dauth
SE Fuller (C)
A Crampton (wk)
MW Wilson
NR Hancock
XPA Rose
JP McNamara
NL Patrick

12th Man: TV Weber

Loony BoB

International Captain
Edited my earlier post. If Liam or Vimes can help me out with finding suitable loan (unsigned if possible) players that would be great, otherwise just use the side listed.

EDIT: Hancock is going to Europe for U-19 and is also in the Chairman's XI, just so you know.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The team for the Chairmen's XI was picked before the Under-19 squad. Nick Hancock is due to be selected for the Cricket Web XI anyway.

The Colts game was simmed before the squad was named.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The team for the Chairmen's XI was picked before the Under-19 squad. Nick Hancock is due to be selected for the Cricket Web XI anyway.

The Colts game was simmed before the squad was named.
Suggesting he is to be removed from the U/19 15 for europe?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing to get a start and then be run out. Still, better than a duck.

Unfortunate to lose, but it was only a warmup game and the important thing is to get some time in the middle.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That whole "Bond actually being fit" thing is pretty annoying. Just the regulation OD games for myself, 1/40 odd. Good win for the Colts, bit disappointing to lose as part of the Chairmen's XI. Very honoured to be selected.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
pretty poor game from myself which probably cost the chairmans XI the match.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
No worries Mickey-Boo, I`ve forgotten how to play all-together. Haven`t had a decent game since forever. :D Sorry bout that fellas, I`m better than that. Top-order started things nicely, Hancock finished it off well.

Then there was the Astle attack. I bowled pretty poorly at the beginning, which wouldn`t have helped us heaps. :D Liam was UNDER-BOWLED, I must say that every game. Too much humbleness that man. Nick and Jacko did well, great effort. I`m still enjoying it though, hopefully I can just bowl some decent balls. :thumbsup:

dinu23

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
No worries Mickey-Boo, I`ve forgotten how to play all-together. Haven`t had a decent game since forever. :D Sorry bout that fellas, I`m better than that. Top-order started things nicely, Hancock finished it off well.

Then there was the Astle attack. I bowled pretty poorly at the beginning, which wouldn`t have helped us heaps. :D Liam was UNDER-BOWLED, I must say that every game. Too much humbleness that man. Nick and Jacko did well, great effort. I`m still enjoying it though, hopefully I can just bowl some decent balls. :thumbsup:
hang in there Nath man, It took me the whole season to get a 50.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid display guys, took it down to the wire. Pretty average game for myself, but good to see the top order getting stuck in, Camps in allround great form :-O