• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England 'A' in CWLand

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I'd love to think so, but there's a few openers around that have been in good form that have been around much longer. Either way I'm happy.
Even though the England A play against the CW Dev League teams, and the U/19 side?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
vic_orthdox said:
Even though the England A play against the CW Dev League teams, and the U/19 side?
Well I'd play a couple of Black games, but the u-19 game is OD and I haven't been much of a performer in the OD's. I actually completely forgot about the games against Dev League teams :ph34r:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I'd love to think so, but there's a few openers around that have been in good form that have been around much longer. Either way I'm happy.
If the selectors go for youth, i would be surprised if your not in the A Sqaud, IMO your the 2nd best young opener behind Thamba and he probably would be playing Tests.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I wonder if the Under-19 Selectors are still looking for OD players, rather than the whole package:p. That aside, looks a great series, I for one, will be hoping for a call-up to the Red Squad to face the English. As Eric said above, good chance for everyone to show some stuff and hopefully get into international reckoning.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
chaminda_00 said:
If the selectors go for youth, i would be surprised if your not in the A Sqaud, IMO your the 2nd best young opener behind Thamba and he probably would be playing Tests.
Well, if I do get picked I'd be quite honoured. It'd be a great challenge to face the English.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ouch.

Really hoping to make the squad, couldn`t have enjoyed the last 'A' tour much more. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The first-class Cricket Web 'A' squad consists of the following 14 men:

AJ Blackman (Black)
TJ Demeza (Blue)
SG Fitzsimmons (Black)
SE Fuller (c, Blue)
AJ Garven (Green)
NR Hancock (Colts)
D Jellett (wk, Blue)
I Markus (Red)
NL Patrick (Blue)
DP Richards (Black)
MW de Silva (Blue)
DP Smith (Black)
MW Wilson (Black)
KS Wright (Colts)

Old stalwarts Wright and Fitzsimmons given a chance to prove themselves, while Fuller retains the captaincy of the A team in the longer form. A number of promising talents are also included, such as de Silva, Smith and Hancock.

Colour team selectors: Please note that these players will be unavailable for selection unless the team has less than 11 players available (which would probably be the case for Blue and Black), in which case they will be called out of the training camp to play the match and then return.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Pretty damm talented squad there. Huge congrats to Simon and Dave for making the 'youthful' team. Also to Mike, Smithy and Alex from the Blacks.

And to all other players selected. Hope you go well as a unit.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
No Dauth. I no his form wasnt great but he has been one of the best batsmen in both forms over the last few seasons. Pretty sure he will get selected in the OD team though.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
No Dauth. I no his form wasnt great but he has been one of the best batsmen in both forms over the last few seasons. Pretty sure he will get selected in the OD team though.
A bit surprised he and a few other Reds weren't selected, but im sure the guys that got selected will do a great job. Backing my Under 19 opening partner Smith to have a massive series.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Great to be selected. Hopefully can play a little more than what I did on the last A tour.

Completely confused as to why Ad's Collins isn't in there, though. :(