• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

Cloete

International Captain
age_master said:
thats enough boys, no need to get into an argument on here, lets try and keep it positive :)
Oh let me guess, it's only negative when green aren't involved? That'd be right 8-) ;)

Nah seriously, agree with Andrew. Let's keep this crap out of it.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Just having a look at the stats page on the website, how come Watt hasn't played Test Cricket, 3rd in the FC wicket tally. After a brilliant season for the Reds and at the young age of 22 you would think he would be a big shot to make his Test debut.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
Attitude problems. ;)
Shut it you, theres surely a LAN party on somewhere... :p

Back on topic... Good luck CW XI. Special mention to Nathan Hoy and Dave Kennett - legends, and should relish the chance to play against the world champions on their soil.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
new_age_ar said:
Just having a look at the stats page on the website, how come Watt hasn't played Test Cricket, 3rd in the FC wicket tally. After a brilliant season for the Reds and at the young age of 22 you would think he would be a big shot to make his Test debut.

Watt is younger then me :-O

David

International 12th Man
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Shut it you, theres surely a LAN party on somewhere... :p

Back on topic... Good luck CW XI. Special mention to Nathan Hoy and Dave Kennett - legends, and should relish the chance to play against the world champions on their soil.
I'm looking forward to a solid showing from the lads, will be a cracker of a series. Definitely excited about the opportunity to take some big wickets this series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dizzy #4 said:
But knowing these guys, I'd be lucky to make the A side
If they take into account such poor team-ethics then you most definitely will do.

Take a leaf out of Dauth's book and maybe you'd stand more of a chance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
I don't think these comments are neccessary.
If the great I am hadn't started making his comments they wouldn't have been made...

Funny how you don't censure him though isn't it?

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Funny how you don't censure him though isn't it?
I only really raise things when insults come in to play. But I talk to my colleagues when I think they should be more careful - I do it on MSN. Those players know who they are, as I've been doing it since season 8. I only got Jaso's MSN yesterday morning and I haven't been online at the same time as him for longer than a couple of minutes, though. Don't worry, I asked for his contact details, he's approached me and we'll talk in order to help him improve :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUST_HiTMaN said:
There shouldn't be a need to retract. You're entitled to your opinion, that "Dizzy #4" is a dunce. There is a valid argument that he is in fact a dunce - after all, his spelling and grammar leave alot to desire.
Entitled to his opinion, but not entitled to express it in the form of an insult on these forums. Feel free to express it to him anywhere else, but there are rules to be complied with on CW.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Entitled to his opinion, but not entitled to express it in the form of an insult on these forums. Feel free to express it to him anywhere else, but there are rules to be complied with on CW.
Hence the retraction.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So how come some people get away with caling vast numbers of the forum "dunces of the highest order"?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Loony BoB said:
I only really raise things when insults come in to play. But I talk to my colleagues when I think they should be more careful - I do it on MSN. Those players know who they are, as I've been doing it since season 8. I only got Jaso's MSN yesterday morning and I haven't been online at the same time as him for longer than a couple of minutes, though. Don't worry, I asked for his contact details, he's approached me and we'll talk in order to help him improve :)
Good luck with that. I do have a nagging feeling that you'd have more chance of polishing a turd to the extent that it glistens, but good luck anyway.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So how come some people get away with caling vast numbers of the forum "dunces of the highest order"?
or a fool.

I see the word fool thrown around here by certain people with incredible frequency.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Few do. That's why few repeat the offence. Don't confuse playful banter with insults. Daniel (Smith) would probably be the first to admit that he was not being playful with that comment. Besides, why does it matter what was done before? The CWBCC intends to crack down on the interforum insults and my above comment is part of that crackdown.

Problem? You cry discrimination? Tough. We have to start somewhere.

cricketboy29

International Regular
You're all turds!!!!!!

EDIT: Should be a good series for CW in ODI's, we've been runners up for some time in the major cups. Hopefully we can meet the best, and then beat the best:D.

Good Luck, guys