• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Blewy said:
Look i understand the captain is held accountable for the teams performances, however IMO we have made massive steps recently and i feel we are only a short way away from a BIG series win which will lead to consistency.....
Let's make that 20 days away.

GO WEBHEADS!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
dinu23 said:
there's no question about Goff's batting abilities, it's his captaincy that is under threat.
That's absolute complete and utter rubbish.

The only reason there have ever been question marks over Goffy's captaincy is his Test batting average. Period - and with the recent series, his form has been massively improved. To me, there is absolutely no question over his place in the side.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
For such a young side, I think CWLand has a pretty good win/loss record.

Also, noticed another name mentioned for the first time in this thread - as much as I don't think Jaso deserves the much-supplied disrespect by other players, I do think some criticism is deserved and feel that he still has some way to go with regards to getting the right mentality to be in the CWXI squad. I'd be more than willing to coach him on his mentality if I could only get a working email or MSN name for him.

bryce

International Regular
I'm hoping i'm still in the mix, I haven't done too badly at Test level so far and had a decent enough FC dev league season after missing the first lot of matches due to being away with the CW XI...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
This is going to be a real interesting series i think, our recent performances have improved a lot and if we can 'hang' with a the Aussies for the three tests it could kick start a charge up the Tests Rankings. ODI should produce some great matches as well.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Dinu, it was always about whether he'd make the Test side on his batting, I don't know why you'd even mention his captaincy, no one has had any problems with it...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kwase Knight caught up with Ricky Ponting on a golf course in Adelaide, where he made the candid statement:
"What I would not have is the minnow nations in the World Cup and the Champions Trophy, and I would not have Cricket Web and Zimbabwe playing Tests at present."

No response as of yet from the CWBCC or CA.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Kwase Knight caught up with Ricky Ponting on a golf course in Adelaide, where he made the candid statement:
"What I would not have is the minnow nations in the World Cup and the Champions Trophy, and I would not have Cricket Web and Zimbabwe playing Tests at present."

No response as of yet from the CWBCC or CA.
hardly the sorta thing that should be said about the world cup runner ups.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
imo Ponting's words were taken out of context, typical CW media misquoting opposition players, its quite disturbing really...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cbuts said:
lets make him look like an idiot in this test series boys
He does that without any help from us.

Can we second the best fielder in the league as a Pratt-esque sub?

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I wouldn't actally Think I'll make it.........

Then again, If Mamash can get it in 1 season................. I suppose anything is possible!

Mamash looks set for a ton, and hopefully it comes againest Lewis,Dorey,Clark or Johnson!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
That's absolute complete and utter rubbish.

The only reason there have ever been question marks over Goffy's captaincy is his Test batting average. Period - and with the recent series, his form has been massively improved. To me, there is absolutely no question over his place in the side.

agreed, there has certainly been no question over Goff's selection in the selection panel and i dont even know why people would be bringing that up when he has been getting better for mine.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I don't understand why my name's being thrown into the mix. I've averaged under 30 for most of my career, where as Dauthy performs pretty much every game, for all his seasons....

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I think Dauth had a pretty quiet season in first class cricket this year. Certainly deserves to be considered in the one dayers though.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Buddhmaster said:
I don't understand why my name's being thrown into the mix. I've averaged under 30 for most of my career, where as Dauthy performs pretty much every game, for all his seasons....
Hahah Buddhy, you killed it this season. Definitely should be in the test squad.