• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

David

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Veteran?!

Am I that old?!

Super effort boys - glad to have been made so welcome on my return and I think we can now put out a genuine challenge to go one better than last time!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But with 10 seasons of domestic experience and 4+ years of international experience, you're a veteran by now.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, honoured to make my debut. Great win - some good bowling, good batting, a solid team effort. Robbins was, of course, awesome with his 2 wickets - one being Ricky P - and match winning innings.

Go CW, brilliant effort to win the series.

dinu23

International Debutant
that's the series isn't it? beating the #1 ranked team is a tremendous achievement. I can understand why I was omitted from the team and congrats to Dauth on his debut.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But with 10 seasons of domestic experience and 4+ years of international experience, you're a veteran by now.
Fair enough - just don't go pensioning me off just yet!

cricketboy29

International Regular
Congrats on your debut, dauth. Well deserved. IMO. Great win as well guys. Robbins as usual, standing up when the going got tough,

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just caught up with this. Congratulations to the team on an encouraging performance before the World Cup, particularly to Robbins who was solid throughout.

Disappointing to miss out on a debut, but to play a game for CW against Victoria was a great experience nonetheless. Hopefully I'll get a shot in the next ODIs before the World Cup.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web XI in Australia, ODI Averages

Averages

Particularly notable are Marc Robbins and Ash Chaulk. Chaulk's wicketkeeping was brilliant.

ash chaulk

International Captain
wow excited now boys... cmon fellas time to find the middle of the bat all bowlers showed that they are world class especially to restrict australia from making 400 run scores

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blewy said:
Have a super Test Series and then couldnt hit a beachball in the OD Series..
To be fair, it wasn't quite the the same scoring conditions of the Tests - pretty much everybody scored slowly. I think I benefitted from not having played on those tracks as I had less adjusting to do - in an intense 3 game series, it's not easy to make too many adjustments to your game, especially if you're in charge of diplomacy (something I've never done!)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Super series from the more experienced guys, good to see. Pretty poor average for me, but it was only from one innings, so meh. Go CW in the tri-series coming up :D