• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

David

International 12th Man
Top scorer CW XI: A Cloete - Had a quiet time of late, expecting him to fire
Top scorer Australia: JL Langer
Top wicket-taker CW XI: DM Kennett - I'm pumped
Top wicket-taker Australia: Gillespie - if he's playing

Top scorer overall: A Cloete
Top wicket-taker overall: DM Kennett

Toss: Aus
First wicket to fall: ML Hayden
Hoy to get a 50

David

International 12th Man
It's the appointed possible time.. No news from the Liam though, may have to wait til tomorrow (personally).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI 1st Test XII

T Mamesh
H Moerk (wk)
BJ Goff (C)
AP Cloete
CR Butler
DA Kearsley
LA Camps
NS Hoy
DM Kennett
GM Thomas (debut)
NS Pickup

12th Man: PE Young

Mr Mxyzptlk

Australia 1st Test XII

JL Langer
ML Hayden
RT Ponting (C)
DR Martyn
MEK Hussey
SR Watson
AC Gilchrist (wk)
SK Warne
B Lee
JN Gillespie
SR Clark

12th Man: A Symonds

PY

International Coach
Good luck guys, hope the drinks do the trick.

Shove the Aussies from the beginning!

EDIT: Bit late I know. :p

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A very good write up. We are improving, yes. But there is frustration at the talent we possess but at us not achieving more. Small, yet crucial aspects like fielding are being a hindrance. We will over come the smaller deficiencies..

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

A huge positive is the return of Pickup to his best form. He went through a few years of mediocrity after a great start to his Test career. Now he's found his feet again it seems.

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Scorecard and result available on...

Cricket Web Cricket

CW XI in Australia
Damn..

Unlucky. I think we played really well though. Certainly put up a gallant fight against the #1 in Tests! Well done to Neil and Thamba!

Pretty happy with the 96 but I failed in the 2nd innings where it counted.

Liam: Is it possible not to put the result of the match on the scorecoad link? Alternatively, when you post it on the forum can you just give us the direct link to the scorecard? I just hate the result being ruined before I can see the scores. It happens you post up the dev league games too, I've just never got around to saying anything before because it's quite pedantic. Maybe just link the scorecard at the top of the post before you do the match reports and the results and mom? If it's too much to do, then don't worry. But It'd be g reatly appreciated :p

David

International 12th Man
Ouch. That loss really hurts, especially as we'd moved into such a strong position.

Personally extremely disappointed about failing to get a wicket at the WACA, and the fielding all round :(

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well I can't do match reports for the Dev games without revealing the result.:mellow:
haha no I know. But the problem is you put the scorecards at the bottom. Was hoping you'd put a direct link to them at the top without revealing the result first. Then I can look at the scorecard and read the report after it :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Interesting match. Pickup went off! The opening combination of Hakon and Mamesh looks good and Thomas was impressive on debut. Well batted by Andy as well. :)

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Disappointing loss, but a lot of positives to take to the next game. A great achievement for our country to stay with the 2nd best side in the World :p for 3 innings or 4 Days. The real difference was that when their stars needed to stand up they did, Hussey, Warne, Langer and Hayden were brilliant for them. But Cloete and Neil had great games, lets build from this. :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just have to say I'm still over the moon about making my test debut. I thought we had them in a good position in their first innings thanks largley to Neil but Hussey is just brilliant at scoring centuries with the tail. The dropped catches are a bit worrying but I think we can do better in the second test. Great stuff by Cloete with the bat, too. Edit: And Mamesh!

(Pretty happy with my debut as well though I would've liked to have gone for fewer runs)

Last edited: