• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a new league!!

as i have seen, the dev league and grade league are getting full!!

now i would be glad to make a new league to help!!

the only thing is i am using seydur rahmann's simulator as i can't use the new sims because it costs and i'm only 14!!!:)

but i have already made this kind of thing work on my own forum but we only have 9 members so i had to use real players and averages.

i am capeable of organising things and love a challenge.

so if you would like me to help the other leagues and make a new one i would be happy to help.

cheers
beamer

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All I can offer you is to help run Grade Cricket in some capacity (not sure how the Norwayese one and the Lankster would feel about it though). There's no room for further expansion with any new leagues at this stage, let alone going back to the dark ages of Syedur Rahman's.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't adding a second tier of Grade cricket be a more viable option than a completely new league?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I know you'd love to help, but (with fear of sounding elitist) I think most people would prefer someone with a bit more experience running things. David and I had been around for nine and seven seasons respectively when we got the job of grade cricket - we sort of need to see how reliable you are.

Very good to see someone else show enthusiasm for the game and simulations, however.

(on another note: we don't really need another league, there's still room for a couple of players and we'll always manage to squeeze in some more into grade cricket by creative reassignments. There's 11 amateurs to chuck out of squads, after all).

oh well.

thta's just a little thing.

anyway i can only get the aus v nz on HODI as i aint allowed to but it!!

but if you don't wan't me to do a second tier thats fine.

anyway as it's a lower tier would SR matter??

Bobisback

International Regular
Actually i kinda agree with him..only kinda though.

I was thinking that maybe 2 more teams in Dev would be better, as for me, its kinda hard to get a game, and if more people start to sign up, it will only get worse.

Not sure if that could work though, but still might be good

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
If you add more teams to Dev League teams will be horribly spread out and weak.

This way it's much more realistic.
Yeah, I prefer it this way too. It means that when you selected in the first team, it really means something. The addition of grade cricket is an awesome idea, as it allows people to still get a game and hopefully do well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bobisback said:
I was thinking that maybe 2 more teams in Dev would be better, as for me, its kinda hard to get a game, and if more people start to sign up, it will only get worse.
Until 15+ players disappear on tour leaving a side with only 11 or 12...

And inactives will be removed, leading to fewer players anyway.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
There's probably a chance that an extra team will be added in the next season or two if the huge numbers of signups continue, but right now it's just fine.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
LOL why dont u just sign up and take over :) just joking. Good initiative, but atm as most people that have been around for a while have said, its good the way it is and until we get 10/15 more players i doubt we will be gettin a new team.

Bobisback

International Regular
sure its great for you guys in a team, but my only chance of playing a Dev game anytime in the future was with the U/ 19's coming up, and now with some withdrawals i get less and less of a chance. I am patient, but i ask you this, how many people will be happy to play Grade cricket for 2 seasons, in hope they will get a birth in their Dev team, and even then not a sure place.

And i have talked to my captain, and he tells me Grade form has nothing to do with a selection, i have to hope for injuries or national selections, and honestly, that sucks!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That is something that would be fantastic if we could have altered - the sooner that Grade cricket counts towards "form" the better.