• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a new league!!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bobisback said:
but i ask you this, how many people will be happy to play Grade cricket for 2 seasons, in hope they will get a birth in their Dev team, and even then not a sure place.
Im not happy with it, but i think i might have to get used it. :cry:

Bobisback

International Regular
vic_orthdox said:
That is something that would be fantastic if we could have altered - the sooner that Grade cricket counts towards "form" the better.
Exactly, sure Grade is good for a while, but who wants to play it when it has no meaning. I dont see it changing, the captains have their perfect teams in mind, and they dont care who gets what in grade, and i think thats really sad for us grade players trying to advance

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Nah Rob. Im with ya there.

As for 'bobisback' sad to see you really arent liking the concept. And i do feel sorry for you, if your not playing dev league cricket. Maybe (im not sure but) if u are a spinner now u can loose some skill and turn to a seamer as there is alot of spinners around atm. Or just try and see what happens. You never no how many injuries might occur. Some good showing in off season club cricket increases ure skills and gives u more of a chance to play dev league so stick around.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vic_orthdox said:
That is something that would be fantastic if we could have altered - the sooner that Grade cricket counts towards "form" the better.
The only way to do that would be to use the same sim for all games - but that then has the problem that a player has the same simming average and in theory the same form for both types of game, thus a ton in a dev match does the same for form as a ton in grade cricket...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bobisback said:
sure its great for you guys in a team, but my only chance of playing a Dev game anytime in the future was with the U/ 19's coming up, and now with some withdrawals i get less and less of a chance. I am patient, but i ask you this, how many people will be happy to play Grade cricket for 2 seasons, in hope they will get a birth in their Dev team, and even then not a sure place.
And i have talked to my captain, and he tells me Grade form has nothing to do with a selection, i have to hope for injuries or national selections, and honestly, that sucks!
I signed up as Season IX finished....so i got to do the first Grade cricket, and Club Cricket before Season X started....and now i've waltzed into the Green team....because i've got some records to show how good (or bad) i am.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
The only way to do that would be to use the same sim for all games - but that then has the problem that a player has the same simming average and in theory the same form for both types of game, thus a ton in a dev match does the same for form as a ton in grade cricket...
A ton in a dev match probably does the same as a ton in grade cricket, given that the average scores in grade matches are around 170. :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bobisback said:
sure its great for you guys in a team, but my only chance of playing a Dev game anytime in the future was with the U/ 19's coming up, and now with some withdrawals i get less and less of a chance. I am patient, but i ask you this, how many people will be happy to play Grade cricket for 2 seasons, in hope they will get a birth in their Dev team, and even then not a sure place.

And i have talked to my captain, and he tells me Grade form has nothing to do with a selection, i have to hope for injuries or national selections, and honestly, that sucks!
You do realise it's only a game on an internet forum?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Travis_Teh said:
Sacrilege!
Ban this man at once ! ;) ;)
What are those winking smilies doing there? That shouldn't have been a joke Trav, I'm serious.

Ban Volty.

Go on. Get.

Loony BoB

International Captain
A lot of good points being made in this thread, particularly on behalf of those who are stuck playing grade cricket - we need to figure out some way for them to feel like their games have any kind of meaning at all. Is it at all possible to manually alter the form of a player?

I also really do think that we need to think about what we're going to do if we end up with a massive influx of spinners, as new recruits are never aware of exactly how many there are until they start looking into why they're never getting a game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Does Grade performances improve your stats at the end of the season like Club Cricket?

To solve the problem with too many spinners then we could call in the some curtors from India to help produce some more turners.

But really people have to understand that playing Grade Cricket not that bad, its probably higher then some people will get in IRL. But there does need to be a direct impact of grade performances into the FC sim. Maybe form adjustments (if it can be done manually) or adjustments of stats quarter or half yearly for guys that perform well at grade level.

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Hehehe, subtle, tharmi :p, but it would be better to have meaning in the grade cricket matches. But that would be another load on top of Hakon and Pingy's backs, so i guess they should have the final say.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
cricketboy29 said:
Hehehe, subtle, tharmi :p, but it would be better to have meaning in the grade cricket matches. But that would be another load on top of Hakon and Pingy's backs, so i guess they should have the final say.
Well, there is the point that grade cricket should have some meaning by itself - just like the dev league has less meaning than the internationals, or should have, anyway. Also, I think some of you are underestimating the effect good grade performances can have on the selectors. They do take at least a quick look. (as evident by Dwyer's debut for Reds yesterday)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm i guess you guys haven't been looking too closely at the Jets game, i think im leading wicket taker in Grade Cricket or very close. Oh well hopefully a postive move is on the horizon for me.