• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The schedule is as follows :

Day 1

10 AM - 2 PM Nets
3-7 PM - Fitness drills, Tests

Day 2

One Day match
Motivation session by S.Gordon

Day 3

Fitness drills - 10 AM - 12 noon
12-2 nets
3-5 nets
5-7 Talks by senior players on subjects of their choice (For example the captain, Goff, can speak on the pride of playing for the CW XI). Players welcome with suggestions for talks.

Day 4

Match 2

Day 5

Nets, Fitness test 2.

Day 6, 7

Two day match

Former CW XI players are welcome to participate in the camp and guide the current players in help they want in various departments like batting, bowling, fielding etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Day 5

Nets, Fitness test 2, Strippers from Caribbean courtesy the coach.
:-O Disgraceful! You're represent the whole of CWLand and are role models to thousands of kids. Fine example this team is setting! :sleep:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im concerned at the scheduling of the camp..

We are playing 2 OD warmups and 1 Two-Day warm up leading into a test series....

I think this needs to be looked into...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The camp only goes for a week though so i have a feeling longer matches might be a little hard - any match practice is better than a net session.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Interesting schedule. Hopefully none of the talks will be centred on antics by roommates if u get ma drift, likened to the A Tour.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
The camp only goes for a week though so i have a feeling longer matches might be a little hard - any match practice is better than a net session.
No not really... How can you prepare for a test Series when your playing OD Cricket??

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah 2 day cricket would be a lil better to shorten the days i would think

p.s. i like the day 5 idea tbh

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some people cannot handle jokes properly I guess.

As Liam said, there will be no strippers at the camp. :sleep:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
Don't make the camp boycott bigger.
1) I had nothing to do with the first boycott as I categorically stated.

2) If people want to boycott camps based on a joke, it is not my problem.

I think we should all focus on making the most out of the camp as a team. I have tried my best to put up a constructive schedule for the camp. Suggestions on improving the same would be highly appreciated as there is still some time for the actual camp to start.

Also, as stated in the initial post,

Former CW XI players are welcome to participate in the camp and guide the current players in help they want in various departments like batting, bowling, fielding etc.

Talks by senior players on subjects of their choice (For example the captain, Goff, can speak on the pride of playing for the CW XI). Players welcome with suggestions for talks.

I would love to have some inputs in the above respects.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
No not really... How can you prepare for a test Series when your playing OD Cricket??

i did compare it to Net sessions...

there are ODI's on the tour as well though

Cloete

International Captain
Out of interest, will guy's like Hakon and I be playing the OD games?

With regards to the speeches/seminars, you should probably indicate who you think the senior squad members are.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I must say that I for one would decline to give any sort of talk / seminar even if asked.

I'm here to work on my Cricket, not spend hours public speaking.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...because it`s all about you? Surely some of the younger members could draw upon your experiences?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, because any training session is about practising for me, not spending hours preparing speeches.

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
I must say that I for one would decline to give any sort of talk / seminar even if asked.

I'm here to work on my Cricket, not spend hours public speaking.

Lol you obviously haven't played much cricket in real life.