• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
So a short interview with a journalist takes as long as preparing a half an hour talk or whatever?
Talk slowly and bring a video of some sort that does most of the talk for you. That's what all the good seminar-people do these days.

EDIT: Oh, and ask lots of questions "so they feel involved" (so you don't have to talk as much).

David

International 12th Man
Well, I won't prepare a talk, I'll just get up there and gab on about the trials of being dropped/recalled, and recovering from major injuries.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
David said:
Well, I won't prepare a talk, I'll just get up there and gab on about the trials of being dropped/recalled, and recovering from major injuries.
And then that you didn't have time to bowl yesterday as you only just got in? :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
1) I had nothing to do with the first boycott as I categorically stated.
You did. If Watt says he won't play for you, then you have something to do with it. You may not have done anything to cause it, but you had something to do with it.

dinu23

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
Camp kicks off 24 hours later

The much talked about camp isn't far away. I hope it is a fulfilling experience for the players. Day 1 sees net session ahead of the OD match on day 2.

The second half of the day sees the fitness tests. Beep test will be conducted to test the fitness levels.
lets do this coach.

by the way, what's a beep test?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
More on the beep test for dinu and others who may not be aware regarding the same. :)

The Multi-Stage Fitness Test, also known as the ‘bleep’ or ‘beep’ or ‘shuttle run’ test, is often used by sports coaches and trainers to estimate an athlete’s VO2 Max (maximum oxygen uptake).

The test is often recommended for multiple-sprint game players, because it is similar to such activities, for example rugby, soccer or hockey. The test is, however, not necessarily applicable to endurance activities such as cycling or running.

Description

The 'bleep' test involves running continuously between two points that are 20m apart. These ‘shuttle’ runs are done in time to pre-recorded ‘bleep’ sounds on a pre-recorded audio cassette. The time between the recorded ‘bleeps’ decrease after each minute.

The test usually consists of 23 levels. Each level lasts 60 seconds. A level is basically a series of 20 meter ‘shuttle runs’. The starting speed is normally 8.5 km/hr and then increases by 0.5km/hr with each new level.

The audio tape used for this test gives a single ‘bleep’ at intervals, which indicates the end of a shuttle, and 3 ‘bleeps’ indicates the start of the next level.

Equipment

You will need the following to do the test:

* Tape measure
* Flat, non-slippery surface of at least 20 meters in length
* Markers or cones or lines
* Recorded ‘bleep’ audio cassette and a tape player

NOTE: The ‘bleep’ audio tape may become stretched over time. These tapes are calibrated at a timing of one-minute intervals and may lose this accuracy if used over a long time. It is best to buy a CD-recording, which offers far better accuracy.

Procedure

1.Measure out the 20m running track using markers, cones or lines to indicate the beginning and the end.

2. The athlete must start with his foot on or behind the starting point.

3. Start the test.

4. If the athlete arrives at the end of a shuttle before hearing the beep, he must wait for it before he starts running again.

5. The athlete must carry on running for as long as possible, until he can longer keep up with the speed set by the tape.

6. If the athlete fails to reach the end of the shuttle before the beep, he should be allowed to try two or three more shuttles to try and make up the pace before his test is ended.

7. Write down the level and number of shuttles the athlete has completed.

8. Compare the athletes results with the results of previous tests. As the athlete’s training progresses, he should show better results every time he is re-tested at a later stage.

NOTE: This test is a maximal test, which requires a reasonable level of fitness. It is not recommended for recreational athletes or people with health problems, injuries or low fitness levels.

Taken from http://www.fitnesszone.co.za/trainer7.htm

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
Found this on Pratyush's desk...

Was Ash sick? As his teenage years concluded, Chaulk had to make the tough decision whether to make cricket or athletics his career. A very good middle distance runner, 11.1 might show hes gon to seed.