• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
The schedule is as follows :

Day 1

10 AM - 2 PM Nets
3-7 PM - Fitness drills, Tests

Day 2

One Day match
Four hours of fitness the day before a match? And the first day that you get there?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James90 said:
Four hours of fitness the day before a match? And the first day that you get there?
After talks with coach Agarwal, the Board has mandated fitness tests at the start and completion of the camp. I expect that the four hours scheduled would not be constant fitness drills, given that fitness tests of each player will take a fair amount of time. In that sense, it seems a reasonable allocation.

cbuts

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
No, because any training session is about practising for me, not spending hours preparing speeches.
mate id ont think they were wanting a theory on how to stop global warming or a cure for cancer. more so a short speech telling the newbies what its like to wear the grey and what is expecte of them etc.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
2 hours from senior players suggests that those players have to talk for more than a few minutes each - that requires preparation which takes out practise time.

I'd rather do my talking in the nets and on the field.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Can you guys seriously imagine a two hour speech encouraging the newer members of the team - from marc? :p If he does have to do something, I hope it's on having a positive attitude. :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Loony BoB said:
Can you guys seriously imagine a two hour speech encouraging the newer members of the team - from marc? :p If he does have to do something, I hope it's on having a positive attitude. :D
It is not a two hour speech from a specific player. The session would be around 2 hour comprising of talks by senior players IF they decide to volunteer for the same. People can also ask questions during the session as interaction is always good.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm? What Marc is saying is actually quite realistic - he is going to the training camp to work on his cricket, rather than writing a speech. :-O

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Maybe, but do the australians practice 24/7? nope they have time off they have bonding sessions and im sure theres a ******** of sitting down and listening to what people have to say from coaches to doctors to players im sure they listen to them all.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, and that's what Pratyush proposed. Do you think that Australian players are forced into giving speeches? The ones who want to give talks would be allowed to, but if someone said they'd rather not, then they wouldn't force them into giving a speech...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Yeah, and that's what Pratyush proposed. Do you think that Australian players are forced into giving speeches? The ones who want to give talks would be allowed to, but if someone said they'd rather not, then they wouldn't force them into giving a speech...
I doubt there has ever been a case of an Australian player ever not wanting to give a speech. Especially Langer.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:

i dont think Pratyush is trying to force anyone into giving talks - but im sure that people other than the coach talking all the time would break it up abit - it also gives people an oportunity to get someone elses perspective on things.

you guys are only going to get out of the camp if you put in.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
The thnig i find weird is that most of the guys that are complaining or not wanting to give a talk are the ones that have a) posted a fair bit in here or b) made one of those 'media statements' in the media thread. Now i wouldve thought with all the screaming and moaning going on tht in the time its taken to do those things that a short 'speach' as most of you are calling it would not be a bad idea.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
i dont think Pratyush is trying to force anyone into giving talks - but im sure that people other than the coach talking all the time would break it up abit - it also gives people an oportunity to get someone elses perspective on things.

you guys are only going to get out of the camp if you put in.
When did I say that? I was saying that because he wasn't, then this camp is more true to life...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kears_falcon_9 said:
The thnig i find weird is that most of the guys that are complaining or not wanting to give a talk are the ones that have a) posted a fair bit in here or b) made one of those 'media statements' in the media thread. Now i wouldve thought with all the screaming and moaning going on tht in the time its taken to do those things that a short 'speach' as most of you are calling it would not be a bad idea.
So a short interview with a journalist takes as long as preparing a half an hour talk or whatever?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Camp kicks off 24 hours later

The much talked about camp isn't far away. I hope it is a fulfilling experience for the players. Day 1 sees net session ahead of the OD match on day 2.

The second half of the day sees the fitness tests. Beep test will be conducted to test the fitness levels.