• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Take note of the fact that everyone else has given Praytush a chance to make the coaches role work. It can be fun, and interesting, and add as much to the sim as captaincy, selection panels, media coverage and everything else that isn't concerned with averages does. The only person who won't give it a chance or even show Praytush a decent level of respect is Marc.

It's not a scapegoat issue, that's for sure.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha why was I one of the three people in your post? Just because I`m bowling like crap! :laugh:

Of course I`m willing to co-operate and respect Agarwal. I`ve been talking to him on MSN, and he`s very open to discussion.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Here.
Aqui.
Here.

Pratyush is the coach. Whether or not you targeted him by name, you attacked the role of the coach, and if you're not going to support the coach (whoever it may be), you shouldn't be playing under him.
So in other words, for questioning the role you have decided that that is attacking him.

So how come nobody was kicked out for questioning the previous coach role then?

Or when this one was appointed and people openly questioned the decision?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Take note of the fact that everyone else has given Praytush a chance to make the coaches role work. It can be fun, and interesting, and add as much to the sim as captaincy, selection panels, media coverage and everything else that isn't concerned with averages does. The only person who won't give it a chance or even show Praytush a decent level of respect is Marc.

It's not a scapegoat issue, that's for sure.
Yet again, where have I showed HIM a lack of respect?

All I have ever done is question the role, and asked what it will add.

But nobody has yet answered my question...

Blaze

Banned
All you have done is *****ed and moaned. Would an international cricketer question the coaches role just as he has been named in a touring squad, or question the point of a training camp?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Yet again, where have I showed HIM a lack of respect?

But nobody has yet answered my question...
You never gave the role a chance. You assumed before he even had the chance to do anything that the coaching role was pointless. If you look at this thread, Praytush and Liam have put a significant amount of work into his role as coach and it has definately added a new element to the system, and everyone has given it a chance except for you, and so far it seems like everyone has enjoyed it.

Again, if you didn't think there was any point in having a coach that's fine, but if you continually and publically express that opinion you're going to be disciplined for it, that's how it goes for any international cricketer. As I said in the other thread, if Justin Langer came out in the media and said John Buchanan was useless and didn't do anything for the team, he wouldn't really be expecting to be part of the team for long afterwards.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I must say, though Pratyush's idea of the speeches was a damn good one really enhances the mood IMO. Best of luck to all who were picked :)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
You never gave the role a chance. You assumed before he even had the chance to do anything that the coaching role was pointless. If you look at this thread, Praytush and Liam have put a significant amount of work into his role as coach and it has definately added a new element to the system, and everyone has given it a chance except for you, and so far it seems like everyone has enjoyed it.

Again, if you didn't think there was any point in having a coach that's fine, but if you continually and publically express that opinion you're going to be disciplined for it, that's how it goes for any international cricketer. As I said in the other thread, if Justin Langer came out in the media and said John Buchanan was useless and didn't do anything for the team, he wouldn't really be expecting to be part of the team for long afterwards.
Hear here.

It is quite easy to point out that the vast majority (so far all I have seen is praise except from one -unnamed person-) of the cricket web players enjoy the idea of the (new) coach and are indeed enjoying the reading that is coming out of it.

I should get my grandma to knit a nice, brand new extra large sock with the initials "M R" on it.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Travis_Teh said:
I should get my grandma to knit a nice, brand new extra large sock with the initials "M R" on it.
What are you going to put in that sock?????:-O

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
What does the captain add?

Fact is, if IRL, for argument's sake, a footballer questioned whether his manager was needed, he'd be dropped. And this is meant to be a RL simulation (and hence the coach).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
What does the captain add?

Fact is, if IRL, for argument's sake, a footballer questioned whether his manager was needed, he'd be dropped. And this is meant to be a RL simulation (and hence the coach).
The captain adds a hell of a lot, such as selecting sides...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You what?

That makes no sense.

Captains of the Dev league sides pick the sides, hence there is a clear role for them.

Loony BoB

International Captain
And what about member activity? Injuries? Grade cricket? The map? The CWBCC? MVPs? Charity games? Uniforms? Player numbers? Media? I could think of more.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
And what about member activity? Injuries? Grade cricket? The map? The CWBCC? MVPs? Charity games? Uniforms? Player numbers? Media? I could think of more.
Absolutely. They all add to the realism. I mean, whats the point, whats the "defined role" of having allocated ODI numbers? None at all, except for adding to the realism of this simulation that all us cricketing tragics take part in. The coach does exactly the same thing.

We strive to be realistic as possible, and what real life team doesn't have a coach?