• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW 'A' in the Caribbean

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kelly shines in consolation win
...as Windies recover after Patrick burst
Cricket Web 'A' vs West Indies 'A'
5th OD at the Queen's Park Oval

Richard Kelly was a prominent figure once more, as he batted calmly and effectively to guide the West Indies 'A' team a consolation 3-wicket win over Cricket Web 'A'. Kelly scored 31 not out and featured in a 58-run partnership with Omari Banks for 7th wicket.

After the top order collapsed to the brilliance of Nath Patrick, who took 3 wickets in an over, Marshall, Banks and Deonarine were forced to rebuild before Kelly's relative cameo at the end. Earlier, Deonarine starred with the ball and dismissed 3 Cricket Web batsmen as spin shared 5 wickets in the innings. The Webheads collapsed from 133/0 to 224/8, and the hard work of Garven and Fuller went to waste.

The moderate total set the stage for an exciting run chase to end a rather one-sided series. Though Patrick's burst rattled the score from 41/0 to 41/3, the good work done in the lower middle order meant that 66 runs were needed off the final 10 overs. Late addition Sean Bennett had Carlton Baugh stumped in the 41st over, bringing Kelly to the crease.

Though Omari Banks fell in the second-to-last over of the innings, West Indies 'A' squeezed home on the back of poor outfielding by James Stedman.

Cricket Web 'A' 224/8 (50 overs)
West Indies 'A' 227/7 (49.5 overs)

West Indies 'A' won by 3 wickets.
Man of the Match: NO Deonarine

Attachments

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Kelly shines in consolation win
Though Omari Banks fell in the second-to-last over of the innings, West Indies 'A' squeezed home on the back of poor outfielding by James Stedman.

Cricket Web 'A' 224/8 (50 overs)
West Indies 'A' 227/7 (49.5 overs)
They scored three runs more than us yet you blame it on my fielding?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Argh! How dissapointing. So close, great platform by our openers, but it just wasn`t enough. Proud of my four wickets, I`m not normally strong in one-dayers.

Great tour fellas, awesome playing with you.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Looks like we didn't finsh the tour on the note we wanted, but one loss in 12 matches (i think) is a pretty amazing effort. Looks like there are some very good players comming through in all areas.

On a personal note i didn't do too much in the ODs, but i guess that shows how good the side is, they carried me with my average performances.