• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW 'A' in the Caribbean

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thamba Mamesh in the West Indies:
506 runs @ 63.25
2 hundreds
1 fifty

Dinu DeSilva in the West Indies:
162 runs @ 27.00
1 fifty

James Stedman in the West Indies:
121 runs @ 15.13
0 fifties

dinu23

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Thamba Mamesh in the West Indies:
506 runs @ 63.25
2 hundreds
1 fifty

Dinu DeSilva in the West Indies:
162 runs @ 27.00
1 fifty

James Stedman in the West Indies:
121 runs @ 15.13
0 fifties
HAHA! u asked for it James!

dinu23

International Debutant
poor effort by me with da bat. hopefully our batting will improve in the final test.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Personally having a shocker, would have thought with an off season in the caribbean i'd do a little better, but none the less I believe we've had a great tour so far :D

Possibly slightly lucky to get away with a draw versus Jamacians, but thats the way it goes.
Keep up the spirit boys :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web 'A' 3rd Test Squad

T Mamesh
AJ Blackman
MW DeSilva
SE Fuller (C)
AJ Garven
A Lezama (wk)
BC Cunningham
MW Wilson
TV Weber
SA Bennett
NL Patrick

12th Man: AAA Collins

Collins rested, allowing us to play a double spin attack, which increases our bowling options, considering that we also have four quality seamers in there.

West Indies 'A' 3rd Test Squad

T Maraj
DS Smith
D Ganga (C)
NO Deonarine
SC Joseph
CS Baugh (wk)
OAC Banks
GR Breese
KK Peters
TL Best
JE Taylor

12th Man: DM Washington

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web 'A' vs West Indies 'A'
3rd Test
at Sabina Park

Day One
Rain frustrated both teams throughout the day, but in the end, it was the home side that finished on top after inserting Cricket Web 'A' upon winning the toss. In constantly overcast and typically wet conditions, Cricket Web 'A' struggled to 223/8 at the close, despite half-centuries from Mamesh and Wilson.

The West Indies fielders struggled to grasp the ball, and dropped 5 catches on the day, including 3 off Wilson alone. The allrounder made the chances count, as he continued in the ultra-aggressive mode earlier established superbly by Thamba Mamesh, who batted chancelessly for the most part in compiling 83 off just 75 balls.

Day Two
Tino Best once again rose to the fore for West Indies 'A', claiming the final two Cricket Web wickets in quick time in the morning session. The fiery paceman finished with 5 wickets in the innings, and moved his series tally to a sensational 21. Cricket Web 'A' were 225 all out.

The tourists struck back quickly though, as they have throughout the series, dismissing four of the top five West Indian batsmen before the luncheon interval - 53/4 at the break. It was slow going in the afternoon session until very late, when Mike Wilson took 3 wickets, including topscorer Baugh, to set Cricket Web 'A' well in control. West Indies 'A' faced a deficit of 72 when stumps were drawn an hour early due to rain - 153/9.

Day Three
Cricket Web 'A' continued to dominate the match throughout the day, closing with a commanding lead of 355 runs and still 4 wickets intact. Following the early completion of the West Indies 'A' innings, Mamesh and Blackman batted superbly to add 108 for the first wicket. Mamesh was again in chanceless form until he misread a Breese arm ball just past his half-century.

Blackman and DeSilva both registered their half-centuries, and the score reached 194/1 before the former was dismissed. DeSilva was dropped by Breese before he had scored, but disregarded the potential obstacle and played beautifully en route to 91. He was caught in the deep less than 7 overs before the close, and Cricket Web lost one more wicket to finish on 283/6.

Day Four
Tarick Weber and Bryce Cunningham gave good support to Anthony Lezama, as Cricket Web 'A' got to 355/7 before declaring. The total set a target of 428 for West Indies 'A' to achieve victory, with 5 sessions remaining in the match.

Despite the large amount of time remaining, the Webheads never relinquished control of the match, and kept the pressure on with extremely tight bowling throughout the afternoon. The discipline paid off, and Weber cashed in with 3 wickets amongst a dismal score of 130/7 at stumps. Gareth Breese stood unbeaten on 7 with just the prospect of tailenders for support.

Day Five
Gareth Breese struck a brave unbeaten hundred, but it was not enough to salvage anything but pride for West Indies 'A'. Dropped on 15, 35 and 61, the Jamaican allrounder stuck to his task and got stuck into the Cricket Web bowlers. He launched 3 sixes and stroked 18 fours in the innings, helping to carry his team to the final session of the match, when rain began to threaten the result.

Tarick Weber ensured that the weather would not have the last say, however, trapping Jerome Taylor LBW to end a 96-ball vigil, which had produced 15 runs. The wicket completed a haul of 5 for the young legspinner, who had taken just 6 over the 5 previous "Test" innings.

Cricket Web 'A' won the series 3-0, improving their "Test" record to an impressive 7 wins in 8 matches.

Cricket Web 'A' 1st Innings 225 all out
West Indies 'A' 1st Innings 153 all out
Cricket Web 'A' 2nd Innings 355 for 7 dec.
West Indies 'A' 2nd Innings 293 all out
Cricket Web 'A' won by 134 runs.

Attachments

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Another excellent all-round performance. Whitewashing the test series is a very impressive effort. I think our all-rounders have generally performed well, as have both the openers (particularly Mamesh), and Patrick's been a good new ball seamer too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web 'A' in the West Indies
"Test" and FC Stats

Some very interesting stats from that series. A few:

Mamesh scored over 500 runs - 523 @ 87.17
Patrick registered 4 ducks in his 5 FC innings
Wilson took his 11 wickets in 2 "Tests" @ just 9.82 each

Full stats attached.

Attachments

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great work by everyone so far in the tour. Our all-rounders and Mamesh have really gone off. Great stuff.

Just in the stats, I`m not sure my bowling stats are completely 100% correct, and my name isn`t Patick, and I took 3 catches alone in the last 'test', so I might have more than one for the series. Cheers Camps :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Meh, your name is whatever I deem it be. [grrrr]

EDIT: Fixed catches; bowling stats are correct.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, cheers, I thought my bowling stats were worse then what you have, but I won`t complain. :D Thanks.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Disappointed not to get a run out in the last 'Test' but pleased with the result. Here's to hoping we can dominate the OD as well.

dinu23

International Debutant
yep! no surprises there. I expected a whitewash with the squad we have. congrats to all specially to Patick.