• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Map of CW Land

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'm afraid Kears will have to join us exiles in the Davesfield district of Pickford, it houses the most exiles from Davistow in CWLand.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I can only assume that the towns are all named after me... ;)

I have a place in the Nix and a place in the sticks. In other words, a place in the largest city and a makeshift shack about 20 feet off the M1 that the local authorities continually threaten to take down.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To decide on names and venues for the two newest FC grounds in CWLand. Suggestions from anyone?

Loony BoB

International Captain
What do we have so far, again? CW Oval, the Dome and the CWBCC Stadium? I say we have something like the Pickford Reserve and the Goffmouth Cricket Ground / Goffmouth Park, the former targeted towards a test environment (on par with the Basin Reserve in Wellington, NZ) and the latter targeted towards youth development in CWLand. We already have the two large stadiums and an Oval, I think it's time we had a more casual environment of a reserve as well as a site where kids can go to encourage them into the game.

If possible, the Reserve should not just be a test cricket ground but should be placed intentionally in a 'green' area. If there's one thing that has always stood out to me when it comes to cricket grounds, it's when I was walking through a park in a relatively small town of NZ (Masterton) and watching some cricketers play surrounded by trees in all directions. It was an absolutely beautiful day for it, and I just wanted to grab some whites and go in there and play along with them. I think it was a second or third division game, sure, but at the same time it really did do wonders for me when it came to enjoying cricket for what it really is. I'm not sure if you could really fit a massive crowd in there, though, but we can always just make it a larger space and it'd work a charm.

Or, you know, you could do something else. :D Man, after remembering that I want to go back to NZ even faster. Good memory. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Stadia: CW Oval is in Nixonstown, the Dome is in the outskirts of Edfield and the CWBCC stadium overlooks Garven Island on the coast outside Campstown. There are two new stadia under construction in Pickford and Goffmouth.
Blacks playing in Pickford, Colts at Goffmouth. Not sure about names yet, though.

David

International 12th Man
Heathridge Oval in Davidstow is a great venue. I suggest it gets redevelopment for the CWXI.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Maybe it's worth renaming some of the other stadia slightly to reflect their 'new' locales?

Nixonstown Oval, Edfield Dome, Campstown Stadium?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Blacks playing in Pickford, Colts at Goffmouth. Not sure about names yet, though.
I still think The Colts should be playing at Kylston Village Park Ground. I mean the ground is only one block away from the Colts headquaters which is the pub!