• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Map of CW Land

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
David said:
I certainly enjoy a trip down to Mørkambe (The cartographers got that one wrong).

For the fishing, of course.
There's a nice uni in Mørkambe, too, if you want to take up studying :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
andyc said:
Is Kylston the place to go to for a p***-up, then?
It is a peaceful place during the day. However at night, if you're not drunk then you usually get banished from the village.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
That's pretty damn awesome!

Am I allowed to live in a shack I like to call "Thomton" just west of Swaran? :-P I bet it's kept off the map for tax reasons...or because I smell.

David

International 12th Man
Davistow

Population: 150000

The City of Davistow is the thirteenth largest city in CW Land, with a healthy population of approx 150000. Situated on the north west coast, ten kilometres north-west of Pickford, the city is know for it's beaches and arguably the best weather that CW Land has to offer. The most famous area in Davistow is arguably Watt Point, although arguably for the wrong reasons, it being the place where the local revheads go to show off their wheels. Also of note are the Pacemen Towers, the tallest buildings in CW, and the wonderful Davistow beach. Davistow is a rich and vibrant city, with a healthy economy supported by expanding technological and engineering sectors.

David

International 12th Man
Davistow

Famous Faces: Dave Watt, David Kennett, Dave Richards, Loddy Twinshins.

Davistow, city of champions, champion Red pacemen that is. Perhaps the most famous people hailing from Davistow are the Red pace duo Dave Watt and David Kennett. Born and bred in Davistow, they've made the town watt it is, bringing it from relative obscurity in cricketing circles to a power in the grade competition. Another famous face is that of CW Blacks Dave Richards, sometimes captain of CW Black, and all round nice guy. Also of note is CW Red Weekly and CW Rumour Mill editor Loddy Twinshins. Often controversial in his approach to media, Loddy is nevertheless an influential member of CW Society.

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
Davistow

Current Year: 2011
Grade Side: Davistow Darters
Home Ground: Heathridge Oval
Grade CW Cups: 1983, 1988, 2005,2006

The Davistow Darters, entered the grade competition back in 1972 and were in their first years the whipping boys of the competition. Claiming the wooden spoon in '73 and narrowly missing out in '72, '74, '75 and '76. Drastic changes were needed and along came Arthur Watt, captaining the side from '77 through til '86. Brilliant leadership and gutsy pace bowling lead the Darters to their first successful year in '77 when they finished 5th, and things got better when in '80 they clinched third, and they finally managed their maiden Cup win in '83. Arthur didn't lead them to another Cup win, however in his 10 years at the helm they made the final 4 seven times, and is widely regarded as one of the most influential cricketer Davistow boasts. Success hit the club once more in '88 when lead by Walter Northwood, however after the heady heights of the '80s the club fell into decline, claiming the wooden spoon in '92, '94 and '95. After years of sitting in the bottom half of the competition, David Kennett came along in 2000, immediately bringing success as the club surged to fifth. 2001 and 2002 brought another fifth, and they made the finals in 2002, however lost in the first round. 2003 and Kennett gets called up to the heady heights of international duty and the new Domestic competition is formed, and the Darters continue to perform, however they lack the fire they used to have. Come 2005 and Dave Watt, son of Arthur, captains the side to a cup win with the most successful grade season ever. He backs it up again in 2006 with another stellar season and in 2007 is called up to play for CW Red. The last few years haven't been bad for the Darters, comfortably sitting mid table, however never really threatening for the title, finishing 6th in 2010.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
David said:
Famous Faces: Dave Watt, David Kennett, Loddy Twinshins.

Davistow, city of champions, champion Red pacemen that is. Perhaps the most famous people hailing from Davistow are the Red pace duo Dave Watt and David Kennett. Born and bred in Davistow, they've made the town watt it is, bringing it from relative obscurity in cricketing circles to a power in the grade competition. Also of note is CW Red Weekly and CW Rumour Mill editor Loddy Twinshins. Often controversial in his approach to media, Loddy is nevertheless an influential member of CW Society.
Bah i'm Davistow's forgotten son, it was all going well until i was drafted to the Blacks, my family had to up sticks to Pickford to escape the abuse.

David

International 12th Man
superkingdave said:
Bah i'm Davistow's forgotten son, it was all going well until i was drafted to the Blacks, my family had to up sticks to Pickford to escape the abuse.
I don't know what you're talking about.