• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in CWLand Tour Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Congrats, I was at the game and the noise was unbelievable. A brilliant first innings from our lads, great bowling throughout and that second innings fight-back from Liam and Marc. We had all the stops, well done Dave on your first Test ton in only your 6th/7th match? Well done all the same.

We`re finally looking good in the Tests now, great bowling line-up, Kennett is absolutely smashing it at the mo. I think CW`s depth is certainly contributing to our success.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nnanden said:
Congrats, I was at the game and the noise was unbelievable. A brilliant first innings from our lads, great bowling throughout and that second innings fight-back from Liam and Marc.
Much as I like the praise, I'd say Cloete's 81 was more crucial to the fight-back than my 3!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What a fantastic effort all-round. Big shout out to Hakon, who kept his drops count below 10... superb contributions all the way through the team and big vindication for the selectors who've stuck with it. Liam, are we going to tell everyone whose idea the extra batsman pick was? ;)

Also nice to get some wickets again, but I feel I've got a big knock in me somewhere and people keep getting out on me!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robbins In Doubt For 5th Test

Marc Robbins is unlikely to play the 5th Test of the series against England, having sprained his wrist whilst doing fielding drills at the CWBCC Stadium. No word as to who will replace him in the XI.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
lol neil someone will stay with u eventually :)

tough luck there marc... i smell big opportunity for the chosen cunningham one.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Marc Robbins is unlikely to play the 5th Test of the series against England, having sprained his wrist whilst doing fielding drills at the CWBCC Stadium. No word as to who will replace him in the XI.
God damn english witch doctors... :dry:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England in CWLand
brought to you by Nibblets - "chewable breath mints of swell refreshment"

Jones Returns
Simon Jones returns for the final Test match, and the disappointing Anderson doesn't make the cut.

ME Trescothick
AJ Strauss
* MP Vaughan
IR Bell
KP Pietersen
A Flintoff
+ GO Jones
AF Giles
MJ Hoggard
SJ Harmison
SP Jones

12th Man: PD Collingwood

Cunningham To Receive First Test Cap
Marc Robbins' injury means that Cunningham debuts in Test cricket. The Selection Panel and the CWBCC can confirm that he was indeed injured according to medical report of Bryan Westhingerson.

PE Young
+ H Moerk
* BJ Goff
AP Cloete
CR Butler
DA Kearsley
LA Camps
BC Cunningham
DM Kennett
KS Wright
NS Pickup

12th Man: XPA Rose

Cricket Web Green has no match on the day, so Rose will be the official 12th man, whilst Tarick Weber will assist with substitute fielding duties.

bryce

International Regular
I'm very honored to be selected, disappointing for Marc seeing as it looks like he was really keen to play but one person's misfortune is anothers opportunity and i'll give it 100% in my test debut.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Well done to Bryce on his big call-up, best of luck mate! After the last match the masses will be expecting nothing less then victory :p

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good luck Bryce. Hopefully you can surpirse the pommies as im sure they wont no much about you :)

Keep goin webbers. p.s will there be a live seim for the game tonite or r u doin during the day liam?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good luck Bryce. Stupid allrounders. Anyway do Green proud and show them they've been missing you!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
kears_falcon_9 said:
Good luck Bryce. Hopefully you can surpirse the pommies as im sure they wont no much about you :)

Keep goin webbers. p.s will there be a live seim for the game tonite or r u doin during the day liam?
I always thought pommies couldn't read :p

Good luck to the team, hopefully we can pull off another victory. :)

Man you guys should see Marc trying to pass this fitness test to get a game for the Reds, i have never seen him run so hard :lol:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Best of luck Bryce, I`m tipping a big score from Sammie V.

And Marc, there`s no need to speculate, we all know no-one notices when Cloete scores. *pssst* "Nathan, Cloete plays for Blue!" Er... Go Andy, Go!