• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** CWXI Tour of India **

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well the CWBCC have reached agreement with the BCCI and we would like to bring you the Tour of India which is scheduled to start in about 2 weeks - 27th of May the date so far..
Its going to be a huge tour and a very very tough tour no doubt. The Indians have a very strong side and one of the most powerful batting lineups in World Cricket no doubt. It will be a strong test for our players in terms of fighting the conditions, playing good solid cricket against a world class opposition etc.

Feel free to discuss about the tour , what the team outlook might be like , what the Indian team might be like..etc..

The Board will release the schedule and more info on the tour shortly.

Regards,
CWBCC

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
great news, would be nice to perform well as a side, we arent achieving much by playing 1 good match here and there, even if we dont win we should be able to start playing some good consistent cricket...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Very exciting news for CW, this will be one of the most demanding tours that the boys will ever take. I'm sure the team selected will give it a huge shake.

dinu23

International Debutant
isn't the club season about to start after the A tour in india currently going on? isn't that going to conflict with this tour?

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
We are good enough to play twice at once at two different places so it should all be good :) lets just hope we can smash the indians.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Should be a fantastic tour, Will be interesting to see which of the bowlers in particular stand up against the likes of Tendulkar, Sehwag and Dravid.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Should be an exciting tour. I hope I am able to keep my spot so I can experience true Indian food.
Indeed you should. It's quality. Watch out for them llamas, though. Sly little beggers...

dinu23

International Debutant
yeah, but DO NOT TRY THE LLAMA PUDDING! Lezama had bowel problems during the indian leg of the A tour after eating one given to him by an beautiful indian girl.

masterblaster

International Captain
Really looking forward to the series. Here's hoping I can go back to the place of my birth and rock that Indian batting lineup. It would be an honour to face the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid and VVS Laxman.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you staying in the Llama Palace hotel? The one that's shaped like a llama, but 2000 times bigger? I was "lucky" enough to get the suite at the, er, rear end of the llama. The view from there is, if a little vile, beautiful. :D

Looks like the tour will be a very difficult one for the boys. Good luck to the guys who get selected, and beware of the elephants, too, once again Lezama had a terrible, terrible accident...

Go CW :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hopefully we'll have a competitive series which will stop people talking about CW's continued Test status. Time to improve on that appalling Test record.

David

International 12th Man
Hopefully we'll have a good tour. Hoping to retain a spot in the side. Hoping to have a good tour personally.

Hope, such a terrible word :ph34r:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dinu23 said:
yeah, but DO NOT TRY THE LLAMA PUDDING! Lezama had bowel problems during the indian leg of the A tour after eating one given to him by an beautiful indian girl.
Serves him right for ignoring the tour regulations regarding the food.

All food is prepared by Chef de Groot.

Don

State Vice-Captain
she told me it was from chef and i believed her playful innocence,go and get em guys rip em to shreds and say hi to the llamas and elephants for me

masterblaster

International Captain
If you want to eat healthy in India and yet east fast food too, Subway is your best bet. Otherwise South Indian Cuisine (Dosai, Idli, Vada and the like) is also your best bet to health and sanitation wise.

Stay away from all the Rogan Josh, Butter Chicken's and Korma's!

If you want to go eat all those fantastic dishes, go to the Marriot Five Star Hotel or something!

Status
Not open for further replies.