• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW "A" Team in India and Pakistan

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bennett has really put his name into the ring for further honours there - well done to an extremely under-rated Cricketer!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks Kearsley... :mellow:

Guys that was quite dismal... threw away our hold over the match with that 2nd innings batting display... But yeah, as someone has said, awesome stuff by steds, 3/54 & 3/21, in other words 6/75. Plus he hit a solid 19* in the 1st innings.

Ah well boys. Heads up, we'll hit back in the next game.

dinu23

International Debutant
Liam, I have compiled some basic stats up to the CW A vs Tamilnadu game. Will it be ok if I post it?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
To have them like that and not to go for the jugular was disappointing, lads :sleep: but we're still unbeaten :)
We look VERY strong

marc71178 said:
That was Chef de Groot's cooking, and he informs me that the reason it tasted like cardboard was because it was actually cardboard.
Are you sure he isn't needed back in the CW bar? ;) I'm sure we could find a way to survive without him...

Robertinho said:
Looks like a good lineup, hopefully we can continue our good form. Steds, good luck buddy. I think just like the first match we've got a really deep batting lineup, because Steds has been known to throw the bat around a bit...
marc71178 said:
Bennett has really put his name into the ring for further honours there - well done to an extremely under-rated Cricketer!
Robertinho said:
awesome stuff by steds, 3/54 & 3/21, in other words 6/75. Plus he hit a solid 19* in the 1st innings.
Thanks guys

...but, Rob, you're starting to sound a tiny bit like Nath "I love Halsey" Patrick :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
kears_falcon_9 said:
BTW liam prob a really dumb question here but are the *tests* actauly International Tests... or are they just FC Matches with a stupid name :)?
The latter.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
Thanks guys

...but, Rob, you're starting to sound a tiny bit like Nath "I love Halsey" Patrick :p
Alright.

Steds, I expect better from you. It's an absolute ripper for spinners, yet still Timewell manages to outperform you - 4/57 and 2/17 - 6/74 in other words. That's right. The extra run you conceded - could have saved some poor Ethiopian boys life. But no. He's not hungry enough for you, is he? :@

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Robertinho said:
That's right. The extra run you conceded - could have saved some poor Ethiopian boys life. But no. He's not hungry enough for you, is he? :@
:D :D :D

Up there with the funniest thing I`ve ever read on CW, from a personal perspective anyway. Love it. :thumbsup:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
Are you sure he isn't needed back in the CW bar? ;) I'm sure we could find a way to survive without him...
We can cope - it's part of our unique tie-in with the CW XI system, also keeps Broncoman in beers when he's not playing (a bit more costly that!)

Don

State Vice-Captain
well a draw guys hmm.good and yet bad.we need to be winning.the entire batting should be clicking not just a few guys.now i have the vid of the last two matches we shall sit and study them tonight after another lovely dinner of curried cardboard and we shall work on the faults and get them the hell out.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Alright.

Steds, I expect better from you. It's an absolute ripper for spinners, yet still Timewell manages to outperform you - 4/57 and 2/17 - 6/74 in other words. That's right. The extra run you conceded - could have saved some poor Ethiopian boys life. But no. He's not hungry enough for you, is he? :@
:lol: :lol: :lol:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW 'A' in England...

XPA Rose
FC
31.16 overs
3 wickets @ 26.67
BB: 3/51
SR: 62.32
Econ: 2.57

OD
18 overs
8 wickets @ 7.38
BB: 5/31
SR: 13.50
Econ: 3.28

Interestingly Moerk scored 334 FC runs on that tour. He averaged 66.80. That with his county stint means he averages 52.02 in England with 4 hundreds and 4 fifties in 25 innings. Not too bad.
Ok. Thanks. thought I was going crazy there. Maybe that'll put you in good this off season Moerk. Also, with your recent call up to the international side.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Alright.

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: